P90X help

Options
I have had the P90X for about a year i have been letting it sit on my shelf for about 10 of those 12 months do to life changing events and other things, (really excuses are just that.) I have been doing 10 minute trainer and it seems to be to be a benefit, i however would like to start P90X again this time for real! and mean it. I am having trouble finding the time to do it though, I work 1:30pm to 10pm almost every night and i cant find a good way to go to sleep and wake up early enough to do this intense workout however i fear that i am too tired from work to complete this workout during the evening (keep in mind i have 2 children so before i go to work will not work) I think i can attempt it in the evening, I want to start tonight, does anybody have any advice to tell me that would help me suceed in this attempt.

Replies

• sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    anybody?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    just keep trying and doing
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I completed P90x last year. It was wonderful, however, not going to lie. It was tough. I have two kids, husband, house and work full-time. I work 8-5. I woke up at 4:30 every morning to start my workout by 4:45 a.m. That would leave me MY time to get my workout in, get ready for work, and get my kids up. It sucked really bad for the 1st two weeks. Plus your sore, but I just sucked up and did it. Once you get in the habit, you'll love it.
    I ROYALLY hated yoga. I usually sub'ed it for something else. Not always, but sometimes. It was nice to stretch, etc..but just an hour of that was enough to kill me.

The other workouts really went by fast. If I didn't have time to do the abs at the end of the workout I would squeeze those in at work over a break or when the kids went to bed quickly.

I was never "tired" after a workout, but the opposite, more energized. At first I wasn't eating enough calories, then I bumped and that helped me through the day.

Feel free to friend me. Good Luck! Hope this helps!
    Put the disc in and at least try it. If you can't do the full session-anything is better than nothing! :smile:
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks into it. Just START already. be my buddy and start pushing play so you can stop regretting not pushing play. :)
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It is really tough to find the time....I have done p90X and i won't lie...it is time consuming but worth it. I suggest waking up earlier or staying up a bit later. Plan it into your day so you don't find yourself at the end of the day and upset that you didn't get it done. If you really don't have the time, there are other programs that are not as long. Really, doing something is far better than doing nothing at all. So if you only have time for 10 minute trainer....and you get it done, more power to you. Good luck.
  • joebanz77
    joebanz77 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on my 7th week of P90X. I was doing the workouts in the evening but realized how much time I didn't have for prepping meals or time to spend time with my family. So I made the sacrifice and started working out at 4:30 every morning. It was hard at first but not long from there I became addicted and had more energy. This is how I see it, knock it out right away and the whole day is yours! :)

Joe Banz
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm currently on my 7th week of P90X. I was doing the workouts in the evening but realized how much time I didn't have for prepping meals or time to spend time with my family. So I made the sacrifice and started working out at 4:30 every morning. It was hard at first but not long from there I became addicted and had more energy. This is how I see it, knock it out right away and the whole day is yours! :)

Joe Banz
    i think thats what i am going to do and i think i am going to do yoga flex (10 minute trainer) in the evening just to help relax before i go to bed because i am just having a problem going to bed.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I finished P90x last week, and even though I have a pretty open schedule, you do *have* to make time for it, you will need to make sacrifices to fit it in your schedule. I did. When I started, my 'rest' days were on Thursday, and i was spending an hour of my weekends working out whenever I could fit it in.

once you get going, you will realize that the program isn't as long as you thought, and before you know it, you're done!
    I'm working out 3x a week now, and will start my second round in a month or 2.

You can do it!
  • joebanz77
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome plan. Keep us posted! :)
  • joebanz77
    Options
    I finished P90x last week, and even though I have a pretty open schedule, you do *have* to make time for it, you will need to make sacrifices to fit it in your schedule. I did. When I started, my 'rest' days were on Thursday, and i was spending an hour of my weekends working out whenever I could fit it in.

once you get going, you will realize that the program isn't as long as you thought, and before you know it, you're done!
    I'm working out 3x a week now, and will start my second round in a month or 2.

You can do it!

Congrats on completing P90X!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am in my third week of P90X and I do it at 8:30pm, after the kids go to bed. I know some people say not to workout too close to bed but I have to say that while it energizes me, I then sit and watch a little tv and a post workout snack and I've been sleeping great.