"Time of the Month"

Options
2»

Replies

• aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I usually weight myself anyway and just take the results with a grain of salt. I also tend not to eat as much because my periods are painful and for the first day or two I can barely do anything. =( I will work out towards the end if it's possible. Usually I can't work out at all for the 5 days it lasts.
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My cycle only lasted 2.5 days this month, so I weighed like normal just to see how much water I retain. I retained 4lbs, which fell off over 5 days. Now I'm lighter then I was going into it.
  • Daizy426
    Daizy426 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me of the reason I'm up 4lb this week. I've been fretting for a few days now!! I forgot it was that time. I hadn't really noticed any weight gain before (my tracker says 10 lost but I lost 20 before I got here) so I was not happy!! But I'm hoping it goes away in a few days. I think maybe I just didn't take it as seriously at the 10-15lb loss as I do now, that's why I didn't notice, lol.
  • sablake427
    sablake427 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I second all the votes for exercising through, but I also have found that extra water and extra protein the day before really helps with the pain. Long time ago I realized I crazed egg heavy dishes at that time. . . took a lot longer to figure out it was the protein that helped.
    I once did a 7 week hiking/canoeing trip--ate lots of fiber, solid protein, tons of water, and was getting lots of exercise--I didn't notice my period at all.
    Play with what you crave and figure out what your body is asking for. Oh and I historically skip the scale that week--not sure how I'll handle it now that I've read all the thoughts.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me of the reason I'm up 4lb this week. I've been fretting for a few days now!! I forgot it was that time. I hadn't really noticed any weight gain before (my tracker says 10 lost but I lost 20 before I got here) so I was not happy!! But I'm hoping it goes away in a few days. I think maybe I just didn't take it as seriously at the 10-15lb loss as I do now, that's why I didn't notice, lol.

Thank goodness I found this topic, I was twitching out about my weigh in this week, but it looks like almost everyone retains some amount of weight during. Phew!! I was only up about two pounds so hopefully in a couple days I will be lighter than last weeks weigh in.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I actually posted a topic yesterday about the whole water weight thing making me mad. I was frustrated because I didn't understand why I was gaining all this water weight. Well this morning my "monthly gift" arrived. I immediately sighed in relief knowing it was because of my TOM and not because I'm doing something else wrong. I know that next week the number on the scale will go back down and probably dramatically because of the water weight going away plus anything that I actually did lose this week.

So don't sweat it. I still weigh in, but I don't take the number seriously during TOM because I know it isn't accurate. It's almost kinda funny to weigh everyday just to see how crazily TOM affects the weight, but only do that if you won't get discouraged.