whats proper Etiquette for this place

Options

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If you are asking for advice, it is probably a good idea to consider how your message is coming across. Try reading it out loud to yourself before posting. You are getting a lot of flak because your initial post was a giant wall of words. Nothing to separate your thoughts. It is difficult to read. How can you get a good answer to your question when your question is hard to read?
    Something to think about.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this isnt real world. I talk about things here I'd not discuss outside of here.
    I compliment people freely here when I see something I want to compliment.
    Its my understanding that the people who do post after or during shots are looking for encouragement
    So feel free to cheer on, compliment, question, call on the carpet etc what you see here..
    Others will do the same with you..
    Glad to see you here and good luck
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "Great job! You look fantastic!" is fine.

"Great job! I want to pull your panties down with my teeth!" is not fine.
    It's not!?
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Seriously...i like to read what people have to say and comment, but it really is a headache trying to read this and deciding where your sentences end. I am not trying to put you down, i am trying to interact with you without needing advil.

this guy... right here... has it dead on...
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    so her responce to me wasnt rude? what does grammer have to do with weight loss ?

˙ǝuıɟ ʇsnɾ noʎ pooʇsɹǝpun ı 'oɹq ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    grammar police strike again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    133548771979.gif
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    lol the thread does crack me up booo whooo i got bad grammer i cant wait till the little crippled kid logs on so they can make fun of him for not walking .take the heat off me

';.,'............. hey i threw in a few periods and crap add where needed in my post make yourself useful
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    as awoman- i cant help but feel if your posting a half naked progress photo on line for the world to see, your looking for comments, and you should expect them. i feel pics with fitted clothing are just as affective, witch leads me to belive the are wanting comments.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Seriously...i like to read what people have to say and comment, but it really is a headache trying to read this and deciding where your sentences end. I am not trying to put you down, i am trying to interact with you without needing advil.

GUY? SH1T i need to change my avatar!
  • Jules2Be
    Options
    lol the thread does crack me up booo whooo i got bad grammer i cant wait till the little crippled kid logs on so they can make fun of him for not walking .take the heat off me

';.,'............. hey i threw in a few periods and crap add where needed in my post make yourself useful

and NOW i want to talk to you...

hi!
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    WIN
    133548771979.gif
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Or Girl
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Answer to your question:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

It also mentions that we should not insult others for their improper use of the English language. So you go on with your bad grammer. We aren't allowed to say anything.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options

LOL! "guy" was used generically and I thought acceptable as unisex :D

How about "that hottie right there has it dead on!"
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    this whole thread could have been avoided if certain posters didnt wear underwear three sizes too small geeez get bigger underwear and stop being so uptight lolll
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Saying good job is one thing...some guys go a bit further and are just looking for a bun to stick their hot dog in, and make that clear in their comments....or private messages. *shudder* I field those all the time.
  • Jules2Be
    Options

LOL! "guy" was used generically and I thought acceptable as unisex :D

How about "that hottie right there has it dead on!"

mmmk much better thank you:flowerforyou:
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    so her responce to me wasnt rude? what does grammer have to do with weight loss ?

˙ǝuıɟ ʇsnɾ noʎ pooʇsɹǝpun ı 'oɹq ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop

LOL!!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

a comma is worth 4 calories. apostrophes are worth 3. so you can use 'em ... they won't cost you much throughout your day. oh! but a period is 0 cal. definitely use that.

(caps are optional.)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!