• cgrigz
    cgrigz Posts: 101
    Options
    I have some Saucony Triumphs now
    My previous Nike Vomero run a very close 2nd
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm not particular on a certain brand but you do want a quality shoe that you are comfortable in. As prior comments have already stated, it is really best to go to the store and get analyzed.

I tend to underpronate/Supinate so I need to be in a neutral shoe. I have 3 in rotation New Balance 1064, Nike Pegasus 28 & Brooks Defyance 4's.

I also really like the Asics Nimbus as well.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks.
  • animamelodic
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I went to the running store and got fitted for some shoes, just like you all recommended! My feet are essentially flat (yikes!) so they set me up with some Aasics with a lot of arch support. I went for my first short run in them today and it made SUCH a difference! Thanks for your advice!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Asics GelNeo33's...such comfortable running shoes!
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Vibram all the way. I have flat feet and I adore them.

Edit: My favorites - http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-BikilaLS-Womens.htm
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, yet, but just bought some Asics 1170s as I needed stability, and they feel fantastic for my walking and what little jogging I have worked up to so far. I've never had a better feeling pair of shoes in my life.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got fitted at a running store that video taped me running on the treadmill. Free fitting & at the same cost as most sporting good stores. So worth the investment!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Asic gel keyano. I have three pairs of the same ones and rotate through them. lso have orthotics from the doc!
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got fitted at the local running store. I liked Saucony Triumph 9 and Nike Pegasus. I bought Suaconys because of the high cushion. Love the feel of these. I have to do a proper run in them still but from what I can tell by the quick spin around the block they are wonderful! I had to size up 2 sizes for proper toe room!!

I love mine!!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I also just bought the Brooks Ghost 5 and love them. I would go to a running store and be fitted just like everyone is saying. I didnt when I first started running and omg my feet were killing me. Good luck!

I just got fitted for the first time for a pair of running shoes. Last time I went to Olympia Sports and got Asics, but didn't know anything about what I should be looking for. Today I went to Fleet Feet Sports in Albany, NY and the people there were incredible. The guy who helped me first asked me to walk down the store in bare feet so he could see how I walked. Then he meaured my feet sitting down and standing up, then brought out a whole load of shoes. Each one he asked me to run up and down the car park to see how I did in them. I tried Saucony, Asics and Nike, but ended up with the Brooks Ghost 5...and I think I am in love with them already!! Never heard of Brooks until I joined MFP, but I tell you, they seem to be the ones for me. :)
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Nike Lunarglide!!!

Love them.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Saucony Kinvara 3.

But! I suggest you hit up your nearest running shoe store and be properly (professionally) fitted for shoes. If they're wearing a ref jersey...it doesn't equate to being professionally fitted.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    asics all the way!
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So I just returned my Mizunos and picked up New Balance 860 v2 instead. love em!
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Aasics. I will never wear anything else. I've tried but I always go back. You can find good deals on many websites and Big5/sports authority on their lower echelon models.

Edit: Actually, I love my new pair so much I made them my profile picture. ;)

Yes. Aasics. I have relatively small feet and Aasics are also the only running show that really fits well. Not too narrow, not too wide.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I got fitted at a local running store and have really flat feet. I wear the Brooks Beast (Wides) with Swiftwick Aspire Zero socks.
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    K Swiss Tubes!!!!
  • Nafiysah
    Nafiysah Posts: 2
    Options
    I use the New Balance 610 but was thinking about the Kinvara 3 from Saucony when I buy new shoes in July or August. Going to be properly fitted at your local running store is time well spent. At the running store here they have you run in the parking lot or on a treadmill for a minute or so while they evaluate your stride and running style. If your shop does that ask them what they see in your stride. Many times a runners knee issues are a matter of running form and can be corrected through a little coaching. If it turns out that your running form is good and you still have knee issues I would steer clear of minimalist shoes.
  • RedefiningMe
    RedefiningMe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brooks are awesome, but they are very narrow.

I loved by Brooks when I had them - wore then into the ground. I typically have to by wide shoes because of the ball of my foot whereas my heel is very narrow. I didn't find my Brooks to be narrow and they were not a designated wide shoe. When I just got new shoes a few months back, I ended up with Asics and love them - I was offered Brooks in both normal and wide, and although they were comfy, the Asics felt better.

I have also worn New Balance when I was having knee problems. I loved them, but again when I tired them on during my recent shoe buying experience, they felt great, but the Asics felt better and they were considerably lower priced than the NB or the Brooks.

Good luck and definitely find a good running store to help you figure it all out!!