food journal check?

Options
hey will someone look at my food journal and let me know if im doing anything wrong? i am 5´6 and now 141 after losing almost 20 since january. i havent weighed myself in about a month but i havent lost inches since then. if anyone sees something im doing wrong please let me know!!

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just an opinion, but you aren't eatting enough. Breakfast and one meal is not enough. You need to get 1200 calories at least. Watch the sugar and eat more frequently throughout the day. Remember your stomach is only about as big as your fist, so that's about how much you need to eat at a sitting - max.

Oh.... and you will lose inches by exercising. Usually the first 10 lbs are water weight. You don't have much to lose weight wise. How does your body fat look and BMI look like?
  • nicolo333
    nicolo333 Posts: 44
    Options
    Just an opinion, but you aren't eatting enough. Breakfast and one meal is not enough. You need to get 1200 calories at least. Watch the sugar and eat more frequently throughout the day. Remember your stomach is only about as big as your fist, so that's about how much you need to eat at a sitting - max.

Oh.... and you will lose inches by exercising. Usually the first 10 lbs are water weight. You don't have much to lose weight wise. How does your body fat look and BMI look like?

my bmi is around 23 and body fat is 22.6 at least thats what internet sites have told me
    the problem is im living in peru with my inlaws and here they eat breakfast and a HUGE lunch and thats it. maybe something small at night. but because of that there is no time for me to cook my own meals between having a 6 month old and the lunch my mother in law cooks takes forever every day.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I have five kids and work two jobs back to back.
    A piece of fruit or nuts would go well between meals then. You don't want your body to think you are starving.

Exercise will be best for losing the inches. Walking is terrific! Start out walking about 3 mph (I actually measured this out with my car) and then walked the mile in 20 minutes and then back again. Get it down to 4 mph (15 min mile). Try to get a walk in at least 5 days a week. I would almost guarantee that if you walked for an hour 5 days a week at 4 mph you would see the inches melt away in a month. At least it worked for me. I'm your size and height. Always eat protein after exercising....nuts work great for this. I usually eat two tbsp of almond butter and remember to stay hydrated.

Don't freak out with the scales. As you build muscle from walking (you will be toned, not ripped) you will lose fat. A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat so your number on the scales will go up but the size of your clothes will go down.

You can also do some quick exercises....25 lunges or squats at random times during the day. It will really help tone up the butt, thighs and calves. Good Luck!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Agree totally with the random work out. I even do deep knee bends while I'm brushing my teeth and spend 10 - 15 minutes on my abs in the morning. People think I'm a fitness nut when I say I work out 3 times a day, but I'm not. It happens to be that 2 of those work outs are really short.