Chia seed ideas?

Options
Just bought a bag, never tried them before, added then to tuna, plain Greek yogurt & pickle relish. YuMMy! What else to do with these little babies ?

Replies

• Frogs27
    Frogs27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I put them in my steel cut oats, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, we have baked them in bread. I love them!! I even have my kids hooked on them.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I put them in smoothies, orange juice, greek yogurt, cottage cheese.
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    I put some in my overnight fridge oatmeal. Adore it.
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    I just found this recipe!! Overnight oatmeal like catjag mentioned.
    They all look delicious and low-cal
    http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2012/03/293/Overnight,+No-Cook+Refrigerator+Oatmeal+--+A+healthy+breakfast+made+in+mason+jars+in+six+different+flavors!
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I add them to my steel cut oats, greek yogurt and smoothies. I also have made chia pudding.
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Pudding! Crazy sexy diet has a good recipe.
  • rlovelie
    rlovelie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bought a bag too and kept forgetting to use them, put them in a glass jar and set them on the table, put them in salads, chili, soup, casserole. Now my husband is using them too!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Great idea ! Would be best to find a cute little jar for them, like fresh fruit in the fruit bowl, if it's there u use it . Thanks to all . Chia later ; )
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LOVE EM! I put them on PBJ sandwiches. I put them on salads. I mix them with water for a drink. I put em in sugar free pudding. I put em on ice cream. You name it! I make a paste with them...I roll a banana in them...
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    http://www.chiaseedrecipes.com/40-ways-to-use-chia-seeds.php

lots of neat ideas on here - more than 40! I can't wait to get a bag of them myself...stiring in with juice to make a jello type dessert is top on my list.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    reporting back..lol I tried chia seeds for the first time today a tablespoon with a yogurt, it didnt add any flavor but a nice crunch!

And I did some math ..1 tablespoon of seeds has 2.283 grams of omega 3..more than twice daily recomendation for women over 14 yrs of age. I am hoping my good cholesterol rocks when I get it tested in a few months.
  • pjkalk
    pjkalk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me too..Just bought a my first bag today...looking forward to eveyone's post.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bascially, anything. haha. I need to buy a bag! I am particularly fond of Fage, cottage cheese, salad and smoothies!
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I LOVE chia seeds. Have been using them for a few weeks now... I use them first thing in the morning and have noticed I stay full for MUCH longer! (My husband says I'm a crazy person, but I swear they really do!) I sprinkle them on top of peanut butter on toast, throw them in spinach/fruit/coconut milk smoothies, or stir them in yogurt!
  • dauhl
    dauhl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat a bagel thin with cream cheese and I sprinkle the seeds on it, it tastes great!
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yummy protein shake

2 c. almond milk
    2 tbsp. chia seeds
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    5 drops liquid stevia

Combine the above and let sit for 15 minutes. Blend and enjoy!

167 calories
  • scottishpat
    scottishpat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 3 tablespoons in my cereal every morning, and boy, do they ever curb my appetite for the rest of the day!!!!! I still eat, but sometimes I feel so full that I eat a much smaller portion of food at supper time! You really have to drink lots of water when you take the seeds, they will swell up! I've been taking them every day since the beginning of March and I've lost 21lbs to date!!! I really thank the chia seeds for this! I LOVE THEM!!!!