I'm worried, I feel like I am eating too much!

Okay, I'm only on the fourth or fifth day, but I'm astounded at how much I'm eating. I don't feel like I've lost anything (I have to buy a scale, the starting weight I put in was from my doc's office - I plan to stop by and check myself the day I get the scale so I can compare them). Here I am day after day eating more than I normally do when I'm supposed to be dropping weight before I'm too far into summer. I've already had to put on a swimsuit twice (we live on the East coast and have already hit the beach twice).

Tell me this is right even though it is going against my instincts!

I am on a 1200 calorie diet, with exercise three days a week. I do more exercise more than that, but I wanted to go by the worst case scenario for the weeks that are just too busy.

My current weight and body are making me miserable. I don't want to turn to phentermine, but it is soooo tempting! I have 10 - 15 pounds to lose and this weight would be gone in a few weeks.

Craziness, this feels crazy. I still have nearly 300 calories to eat and I've been eating all day. Help...

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Looks like you got there yesterday. Maybe a bit more protein would help? Also, if you truly feel you are not loosing, might want to discuss with your doc options. I know mine put me on a 1000 cal a day diet, heavy on proteins and fiber, low on sugar.

Also, drink a lot of water. You'll see it preached here often and it's true.

Best of luck!
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks for your reply. It's amazing what a difference it makes to hear from someone :) Actually, I had guessed at my weight when I first set everything up. Today I bought the scale and stopped into my docs office to get my current weight from the scale I have been going by for the past 6 years.

It was a pleasant surprise to find out I was 5 pounds lighter than I had guessed when I created this account last week!

I'm not giving up, just worried that it seems like I'm eating so much more than I would, but at this point I've tried sooo many different things to lose weight (healthy and unhealthy) I'm just ready for this to be right.

Thanks again! :)

PS. I spent quite a bit of time tonight looking at more detailed information about my weight loss goals, BMR, and where I actually stand. Soo, I figured out how to edit starting weight, edit my goals for the goal my weight should actually be, even though I'll be happy once I've shed 10 - 15 pounds. For a Body Fat percent of 28% (which feels high, but I know even when I was younger I was happy with my body in the 130s) I should be losing a good bit more than that.

This has been quite an eye-opening experience! :) Again, thx :)