FITBIT vs. STRIIV?

Options
2»

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    striiv does link with mfp. i havent done it though. I only have the free app for my phone. i dont have the gizmo. Doesnt seem like there is a monthly fee though.
  • Whimzeee
    Whimzeee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I bought my Striiv six months ago and love it. My husband is even getting into it. He grabs it when he goes for walks to finish any missing challenges. It's pretty addicting! But it's more than just a pedometer - it's a tiny computer with a game involved.

Then I kept hearing about the Fitbit. So - I ordered a new Fibit One and I've using it for about a month now. It truly is just a pedometer but I love it too! The only unusual thing about it is the sleep mode. I find it fascinating to see the charts of how deeply or restless we sleep.

However, my daily calorie burn is completely different between the two. While the Striiv only calculates the calories I use with activity, the Fitbit takes into account the calories you are burning while you are asleep and inactive. Quite a diff - and great to see the different between TDEE and calories eaten in a day.

The Striiv is about 4 times the size of the Fitbit One and requires a cord to sync everyday. The Fitbit One is wireless and will sync within 15 feet of your computer. Yes, they both will connect to MFP now.

Hard choice, huh?
  • dmnj33
    dmnj33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would look into the Nike+ fuelband. I just love mine. It does everything I could ever ask for and you wear it like watch
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump. I really want one of these so bad. I originally wanted a HRM but if I can get calories burned on one of these great!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Bump. I really want one of these so bad. I originally wanted a HRM but if I can get calories burned on one of these great!

A HRM is more accurate but can't be used for daily activity like this can.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I bought my Striiv six months ago and love it. My husband is even getting into it. He grabs it when he goes for walks to finish any missing challenges. It's pretty addicting! But it's more than just a pedometer - it's a tiny computer with a game involved.

Then I kept hearing about the Fitbit. So - I ordered a new Fibit One and I've using it for about a month now. It truly is just a pedometer but I love it too! The only unusual thing about it is the sleep mode. I find it fascinating to see the charts of how deeply or restless we sleep.

However, my daily calorie burn is completely different between the two. While the Striiv only calculates the calories I use with activity, the Fitbit takes into account the calories you are burning while you are asleep and inactive. Quite a diff - and great to see the different between TDEE and calories eaten in a day.

The Striiv is about 4 times the size of the Fitbit One and requires a cord to sync everyday. The Fitbit One is wireless and will sync within 15 feet of your computer. Yes, they both will connect to MFP now.

Hard choice, huh?

The STRIIV Play is much smaller though.
  • jlmathgirl
    jlmathgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can link the Striiv iphone app to mfp? I have repeatedly tried to do it, but it never gets me past the screen where you enter your mfp login info (in Striiv). I only have the app, no additional device besides the iPhone, MFP, and Striiv app. Frankly, the support pages at Striiv aren't very helpful at all. Any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can link the Striiv iphone app to mfp? I have repeatedly tried to do it, but it never gets me past the screen where you enter your mfp login info (in Striiv). I only have the app, no additional device besides the iPhone, MFP, and Striiv app. Frankly, the support pages at Striiv aren't very helpful at all. Any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
    I did it ok. Went to STRIIV app, slid along to MFP icon and then agreed I could link it.
  • jlmathgirl
    jlmathgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you aware of any settings in either app, or on the phone that must be set (other than "sedentary")? Mine just isn't linking. I think I've done everything correctly.:frown:
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Tell me step by step what you're doing.
  • Shay127
    Shay127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Striiv does sync to MFP!!
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit. Got it in July of 2012 and have worn it every day since. We've just been away on vacation and I couldn't sync most days but I knew what I could eat within my calorie burn and didn't go over one single day.

Every day I'm determined to get my 10,000 steps and my 10 floors. I love getting award badges for floors and distance (and weight loss).

I sync my FitBit plus my Runkeeper activity and my Withings weight measurements to www.neufit.com. I can use my steps and floors towards challenges and quests to motivate me. I also sync my FitBit and Runkeeper to www.earnedit.com to use for charitable donations.