Replies

• kcoyle220
    kcoyle220 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Alot of the same...Clean Eating Magazine, Tosca, Gracious Pantry. Read labels, try to only eat things the either had a mom or came from the ground...
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason talks about it on bodybuilding.com That's where I first learned about it. She also has recipes on it. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-lean-eat-clean-with-jamie-eason-main-page.htm

Kind of a silly question, but just in case you haven't, have you googled it and checked out different websites? Good Luck! :)

Love her turkey muffins...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think "clean eating" is a great goal! I've been doing it for 10-15 years (before it was call that I just called it a low crap diet). If you believe cutting back on the crap is for you GO FOR IT!!! Don't let any nay sayers tell you otherwise!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    <---for me clean eating means using a napkin. :bigsmile:

Me too!!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Clean eating to me is simple. Eat stuff from your fridge, not your pantry.

That's it.

I should also add that it took me a solid year to transition to eating ~90% of my food from the fridge, and I'm on the paleo diet now so really the only pantry foods I eat are quinoa and spices.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Check out "The Engine 2 Diet" as seen on the documentary "Forks Over Knives" (good movie, btw).

Rip Esselstyn is a clean eating stud.. but it's all Vegan.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Start with Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet so that you can learn what it means to eat clean. She has some great recipes there, and there are a couple of cookbooks under the same name, as well as Clean Eating magazine.

Essentially though, to make this stick, you need to incorporate the principles of clean eating into your life - you don't necessarily need to follow a strict diet plan. If you're eating clean foods for all of your meals and snacks, you're eating clean. It doesn't have to mean eating a bodybuilder's diet of 14 egg whites per day plus vegetables.

You'll find a lot of diet plans are very strict. If you're anything like me, eating the same thing every day with very little variation gets old quickly, and that carrot cake (or in my case chocolate whatever) becomes very attractive again. If, instead, you modify your lifestyle so that you are eating a variety of clean, healthy foods every day, you can take or leave the carrot cake (or chocolate), indulge when you decide you want to (if you even care to), and have the ability to stop because you aren't being controlled by sugar. Furthermore, you can still eat the foods you like - you'll just learn how to make them clean.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno/ Oxygen Mag
    Nerd Fitness
    Stumptuous
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    I know this makes me look bad, but oh my gosh, Mimosa muffin? Recipe please!

They were so delicious! But a bit dry. I might have cooked them too long, though.
    http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2012/04/guest-post-mimosa-muffins-from-no-2.html

Thanks so much everyone! I think I'm going to start after finals--I cannot be expected to not binge a little during this time--and hopefully set a goal of clean eating all summer. I definitely would love for it to become a lifestyle. These are great references!
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Www.100daysofrealfood.com is an amazing Site. I have made tons of her recipes and haven't been disappointed yet. Yesterday I made whole wheat tortillas (4 ingredients). They were way better then anything you could buy in a store.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I want to know what I have to eat to get shoulders like that!!!! :noway: :noway:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I know this makes me look bad, but oh my gosh, Mimosa muffin? Recipe please!

They were so delicious! But a bit dry. I might have cooked them too long, though.
    http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2012/04/guest-post-mimosa-muffins-from-no-2.html

Thanks so much everyone! I think I'm going to start after finals--I cannot be expected to not binge a little during this time--and hopefully set a goal of clean eating all summer. I definitely would love for it to become a lifestyle. These are great references!

Thanks So much for posting!!! Yum!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    ....try to only eat things the either had a mom or came from the ground...

OMG love this! Simple but great advice... and it made me lol!!! :laugh:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

I want to know what I have to eat to get shoulders like that!!!! :noway: :noway:

:blushing: A diet that consists of iron and pain. :glasses:
  • haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump