need a pick me up....jump on board :-)

Options
dr_tina
dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
So I am not new to MFP, as I have lost over 20 pounds so far and have 10 more to go. I have been on a roll for months and doing good, but have noticed I am feeling the pull of not wanting to exercise as much and my calories creeping up a bit more. I have also noticed less enthusiams and posting from my group of friends as in past months lately. I am sure it is because summer is almost here, we have all been at it since the new year and it is getting somewhat hum drum.

I need a new level of motivation, re-kindle the fire and some major butting kicking at this time. I need some additional friends who are eager, vocal and willing to ride this thing out!! ARE YOU WITH ME??? :-)

39 year old professional, mother of 5 year old (stinker) and have a great husband who has lost over 30 pounds since January. I was a professional couch potato....and I would declare every day national potato day if I could (I have a slight issue with french fries). I can sling some wicked sarcasm, so bring it on :-)

Really need additional friends who are in this for health reasons, to be strong and happy. NOT TO BE THIN OR HYPERFOCUSED ON THE SCALE!!! If you are going to starve yourself and eat under 1200 calories regularly, then you probably don't want to friend me because I cannot support that.

Replies

• dr_tina
    Options
    bumpy bumpy :-)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I need a kick in the butt to re-motivate myself...add me! I take sarcasm well, can give it good and love to eat all of my earned calories...I am a runner but love fitness classes too...mom of 6, grandmother to 1 :)
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I will send a friend request. I am an RN, work full time, have a 4 1/2 yr old girl and a husband with a super busy job. I'm very motivated and not into eating extremely low cal diets, just sensible. I need to get my chol/LDL's down and so I'm in this for health and to lose weight. I have a very busy job too so my biggest problem is finding time to exercise. I've already lost 12 lbs and about 20 more to go.
  • dr_tina
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories, and instead choose to spike my calories on the weekend and eat what I want. Still the same deficit and it seems to keep coming off. AND....I get to eat what I want sometimes :-)
  • LMF510
    LMF510 Posts: 7
    Options
    It's a roller coaster but anyone thy tea he's out for motivation and direction can get it done!! Send a request LMF510
    Lisa
  • LMF510
    LMF510 Posts: 7
    Options
    It's a roller coaster but anyone that looks for motivation and direction can get it done!! Send a request LMF510
    Lisa
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bring it on Sistah!
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    - I have a question about this starving yourself thing!! My goal is 1200 calories - I eat at least 1200 if not more - but then I work out so my net may be less then 1200 calories. I will have eaten somewhere around 1400 calories. I don't own a HRM - so my workout calories are all GUESTIMATES from this site. So would you say I AM STARVING MYSELF. I feel like I eat all day long. I have breakfast, a mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, after school snack and then dinner and even dessert. I just do not always net over the 1200. I have found myself actually working out so I can eat more. Please let me know if I am STARVING???---

So I am not new to MFP, as I have lost over 20 pounds so far and have 10 more to go. I have been on a roll for months and doing good, but have noticed I am feeling the pull of not wanting to exercise as much and my calories creeping up a bit more. I have also noticed less enthusiams and posting from my group of friends as in past months lately. I am sure it is because summer is almost here, we have all been at it since the new year and it is getting somewhat hum drum.

I need a new level of motivation, re-kindle the fire and some major butting kicking at this time. I need some additional friends who are eager, vocal and willing to ride this thing out!! ARE YOU WITH ME??? :-)

39 year old professional, mother of 5 year old (stinker) and have a great husband who has lost over 30 pounds since January. I was a professional couch potato....and I would declare every day national potato day if I could (I have a slight issue with french fries). I can sling some wicked sarcasm, so bring it on :-)

Really need additional friends who are in this for health reasons, to be strong and happy. NOT TO BE THIN OR HYPERFOCUSED ON THE SCALE!!! If you are going to starve yourself and eat under 1200 calories regularly, then you probably don't want to friend me because I cannot support that.
    [/quote]
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    im here for you girl. you can add me too :happy:
  • reneealyse
    reneealyse Posts: 100
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I've been on here a few months but only been really focused in the last month or so. I haven't lost any weight yet - I lost 3kg then put it back on again. I started a new exercise programme on 1st of May and have been better with my eating so hoping that will start to give me some results but I haven't yet weighed myself, thought I'd wait for the 2week mark.

I almost always eat over 1200cals, that's my MFP set limit but I do some form of exercise almost every day so that I can eat a bit more. Lately i have been eating over 1200 but given my exercise cals I have been netting much less, today it's 671! But I'm not hungry, I'm certainly not starving myself so on those days as long as I have eaten over 1200 despite exercise giving me more I can eat, I choose not to.

I eat breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. If I've exercised a lot that day I eat more if I'm hungry, or I have the extra cals sitting there in case I want dessert (like a protein shake or frozen yoghurt), but if I don't feel like it, I won't eat anything else.

Currently 68kgs or 150lbs (sorry I'm in New Zealand and we use the metric system!)
    Goal weight 60kgs or 132lbs

So I wanna lose 18lbs in total. That's not a great deal but it's definitely fighting to stay put so it's been a battle for me!
  • dr_tina
    Options
    I am not talking about minus exercise calories, there are just some individuals I have trouble supporting if they know they eat so little regularly that is it is clearly unhealthy. That would be the same thing as supporting individuals who over eat regularly. Totally not into drama either...
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No drama here!! Just uncertain and wanted to make sure I was not starving myself and not aware that I was!! still new to this whole program!! I have heard people say they would not be friends with someon who ate less than 1200 calories and just wanted to make sure - I was not doing that!! I eat over 1200 and work out almost daily!! I do take a day off every week. :flowerforyou:
  • mammacoty
    mammacoty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started this really eager in Jan, even got my sisters and a few friends on board. We all did well right away, but interests has waned. No one comments on each other any more, which is one of the best parts. I've got a good sense of humor, and I don't ***** about things, I'm all about the positives! I did have a very tough month in April with illness and the death of my close friend, but May is a new day, and I'm back on the path of healthy living. I do want to lose weight (50 total), but more importantly, I want to have the energy to have fun with my kids and feel good about myself. I also enjoy giving myself a tiny bit of "me" time