Lots of new people after holidays?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I noticed a lot of new people introducing themselves today (hi!), is that common after a big food holiday like July 4th?

I found it kind of interesting.

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I know right its alot of newbies after the holiday stuffed:laugh:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    yep. always after the holidays
    you think there's a lot of newbies now, you should see after new years :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    yep. always after the holidays
    you think there's a lot of newbies now, you should see after new years :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Took the words right out of my mouth! We get TONS after the first of the year! :wink:
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    If I was a newbie and I had just signed up and introduced myself after July 4th and then came across this thread I would be so discouraged. For real. People get their aha moments when they feel like they need to make a change at different moments. We all had those moments. Seriously it is not so nice to make fun of people who stuff themselves during the holidays. Don't most of us here do indulge during the holidays. All are welcome and supported regardless of the time they come!!!!We are to support each other. That's all I am going to say guys.. Lets love on our newbies and welcome them !!!!!!!!! Let's :love: them and not :tongue: or :laugh: at them because they will leave without changing their lives. I just thought I would share. Thanks guys!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone was making fun of newbies. We're all newbies when we first start here. A lot of people do start trying to make a change in their eating habits after certain holidays, especially New Years. All the newbies are welcome and shouldn't take things personally. We're all here for the same reason. Most of us are here to lose weight, a few are here to maintain weightloss and a few are here to gain some weight. But we're all here to live a healthier life when it comes to food.

So welcome all newbies. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't think anyone was making fun of newbies. We're all newbies when we first start here. A lot of people do start trying to make a change in their eating habits after certain holidays, especially New Years. All the newbies are welcome and shouldn't take things personally. We're all here for the same reason. Most of us are here to lose weight, a few are here to maintain weightloss and a few are here to gain some weight. But we're all here to live a healthier life when it comes to food.

So welcome all newbies. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    thanks for the clarification.:happy:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I haven't been on here in awhile, does that make me a newbie? :tongue: :laugh: anyway, posting on the boards still have kept up my journal. Good luck everyone!!! This is a GREAT tool in helping you lose weight!