Crystal Light

Options
2»

Replies

• klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking plain water too so I was using Crystal Light for a long time. I was having lots of headaches/migraines at the time and thought the aspartame might have had something to do with it. I stopped using Crystal Light but then pretty much stopped drinking water...My headaches/migraines pretty much stopped when I cut out stuff that had aspartame in it (i.e. Diet Snapple Tea, light yogurt, etc.). It might have also helped that I was exercising more as well...

I found that the Propel drink packets don't have aspartame and only have a few calories. They also have Propel Zero packets that have no calories and still no aspartame. That is what I use in my water. I'm still not sure how good it is for me but figure it's better than the Crystal Light version. That's just my opinion though.

But yes, I count any water that I drink (whether it has flavor packets added or not) as water for my daily intake. :)
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't drink crystal light, but I do add MIO to my water. MIO has ZERO nutritional value, but it is what makes it easy for me to drink my water. Water with MIO is all I drink. No coffee, tea, soda, or anything except MIO in my water. I average probably 14 - 16 glasses a day.

True story. I have looked at all of them and MIO basically gives ur water flavor without adding calories or sodium or anything.
  • rileygobot
    rileygobot Posts: 5
    Options
    Thats all I drink as well, iced tea crystal light packs haha. I can drink 6-8 24oz cups of it a day, and I was wondering the same thing, so I'm glad to hear people count it for water XD hahaha.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I would assume it's water as well though there's an obvious artificial sweetener in it. I think it's like 5-10 calories. I love it and find that once I'm used to the first "taste" I get addicted to it. I hate the natural taste of water and last year when I started losing weight, crystal light was my choice over sodas and juices and I lost weight substituting it.
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Something to keep in mind is that many flavors of Crystal Light contain caffeine which, as we all know, is a diuretic.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I always count my TrueLemon lemonade (it's like crystal light), tea, and Mio as water. ^_^
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Something to keep in mind is that many flavors of Crystal Light contain caffeine which, as we all know, is a diuretic.

Something also to keep in mind that the caffeine content of a drink does not matter so far as water intake is concerned.

If you broke things down and ate the dry ingredients in a drink then drank the water content separately it would be fairly clear that you have had water, so why should it be different if you mix the stuff together.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I use to mix a 1.5L packet into a 2L water bottle. Lemon Lime is my favorite. Quit buying it since diet store brand lemon lime crabonated beverage is cheeper.
  • patranus
    Options

Something also to keep in mind that the caffeine content of a drink does not matter so far as water intake is concerned.

If you broke things down and ate the dry ingredients in a drink then drank the water content separately it would be fairly clear that you have had water, so why should it be different if you mix the stuff together.

Huh?

What does that have to do with caffeine being a diuretic?
    You ingest caffeine (in whatever form) and it will increase your rate of fluid excretion.
    You increase your fluid excretion, you decrease your hydration level.

So no, you cannot equate Crystal Lite to water for hydration purposes.
  • onleethestrong
    onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the Lemon Lime Crystal light! I've taken to mixing a bit of a single package into my green tea to give it a flavour boost without adding calories. I have also mixed about a half single into my travel mug of hot water, and find that it's a good way to keep up my water intake.

I"m not sure why, but lately drinking hot water has been a heck of a lot more appealing then cold water.
  • patranus
    Options
    I"m not sure why, but lately drinking hot water has been a heck of a lot more appealing then cold water.

Keep in mind that drinking cold water "burns" more calories than drinking hot water.
  • Cair420
    Options
    Thank god