Hit My Goal Weight - Before & After Photos!

Options

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! I can't wait to get hiking with my kids this summer! :)

What kind of backpack is that? I Love it. :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    In a "nutshell" what do you feel were a few keys to your success?

A few things that worked for me:

1) No 'dieting' - there were no forbidden foods. I skipped the diet cookies, fat-free cheese/salad dressings and sugar-free ice creams. I just ate smaller amounts of the 'real' foods. I only cut my calories moderately, focused on portion sizes and accepted that I would have to be patient while the weight came off slowly. I ate 1800-2400 calories a day and never felt like I was on a diet.

2) Committed to being more active - I already was a regular exerciser when I started this process, but I found that working out 45 minutes a few times a week does not cancel out sitting around the rest of the day. I have a completely sedentary desk job, but now I get up and climb stairs/walk around for about 10 minutes a few times a day. I walk my dogs more. I spend more time in the evening working on home projects and tidying up instead of watching TV for four hours.

3) Weighed in monthly. When you choose to lose just a half pound a week, weigh-ins can be pretty depressing. A half pound each week feels like nothing. I changed to weigh in once a month, and found those numbers much more motivating.
  • UpEarly
    Options
    Wow! You're beautiful (in the before picture too). Your thighs have dramatically gotten smaller. Did you take measurements? Amazing!

I did measure - I lost about 8 inches off my chest, 11 off my waist, 10 off my hips, about 6 off my thighs and 2.5 off my upper arms.
  • UpEarly
    Options
    Gorgeous! I can't wait to get hiking with my kids this summer! :)

What kind of backpack is that? I Love it. :)

It's a Gregory Z25. I love it because it has a sleeve that holds my 3 liter camelbak and a port to feed the hose through. Camelbaks are so much easier than carrying water bottles.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    marked difference. Great job.
  • Lentz16
    Lentz16 Posts: 26
    Options
    wow! you look amazing!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look great!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. Congratulations!
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Way to go!!!!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look great!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and your progress is amazing!!! Congratulations on reaching your goals! This is very motivating. =]
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! Congrats!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're beautiful (in the before picture too). Your thighs have dramatically gotten smaller. Did you take measurements? Amazing!

I did measure - I lost about 8 inches off my chest, 11 off my waist, 10 off my hips, about 6 off my thighs and 2.5 off my upper arms.

Those are rockstar measurements for 10 months (especially since they FINAL measurements). Totally impressed.
  • katbean12
    katbean12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So it's been 4 mths since you met your goal, what does maintenance involve?

You do look fantastic!! never ever would have guessed you didn't always look this way : )
    Hope you got a new camera, because there is no excuse not to photograph your awesomeness now! hee hee
  • UpEarly
    Options
    So it's been 4 mths since you met your goal, what does maintenance involve?

You do look fantastic!! never ever would have guessed you didn't always look this way : )
    Hope you got a new camera, because there is no excuse not to photograph your awesomeness now! hee hee

LOL - thanks! I'm actually a photographer, so I have no shortage of good camera gear. :bigsmile:

I bought the BodyMedia Fit to help me with maintenance. I wanted to get a better idea of my actual TDEE. I've found that most days, the BodyMedia says I burn about 2650 calories. Evidently, BodyMedias are about 90% accurate. So, I've been trying to eat about 10% under the number it comes up with.

I still haven't perfected maintenance, though. I lost another 1.5 pounds over the past month. I'm thinking that could either be real weight loss or just a natural fluctuation. I'll be watching for downward/upward trends over the next few months and making adjustments as needed.

I'm planning on continuing to log my food. Accountability is vital to me. It's so easy for me to eat mindlessly and let calories get away.

I'm really scared about gaining the weight back. Losing is always so much easier than maintaining! Hopefully the fact that I didn't diet and have really changed my relationship with food will pay off and I'll enjoy permanent success!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Incredible...way to go!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is amazing
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful!!! congratulations!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look great! So does the view, sure proves the view from the top is best!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before and after, but the transformation is amazing. Good job!!!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!