For those of you with 30 Day Shred Success...

Options
2»

Replies

• SallyGal4
    SallyGal4 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    6lbs and 9inches lost mostly using the modified versions. No extra cardio, but I did do extra lifting 3-4 days per week. However, those were not really vigorous workouts so I don't know how much they contributed overall.

I took one day off per week and did 8 days of level 1 and 11 days each of levels 2 & 3.

Good Luck!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30DS. I also do 30-50 mins of cardio 5x a week
  • amkelley
    amkelley Posts: 81
    Options
    I also walked for at least 30 min several times a week while doing it. it is a great workout alone too though.
  • missleelee_2007
    missleelee_2007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just something to consider: I heard that Jillian MIchaels did a webcast and said that it was the production team that made it sound like this was to be done everyday. She said she recommends doing it every other day. I've found what works best for me is to switch up in between Couch to 5K and 30DS everyday. I understand about the time crunch though. Just be sure to listen to your body. Good luck!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm doIng 30DS 5 days a week and I add 3-4 days of cardio with it.
  • yarisepul17
    Options
    I'm starting again the 30 day shred... today was my 2nd day back... I hope I can keep motivated!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I did it 7 days per week and ran 2-5 miles three times per week. I lost 18 lb and 21 inches in 30 days. :)
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 3 lvl 1. I'm going to do each level 7 days and then the last week do two days of each and maybe on the last day do nothing or do all three....not sure though.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm trying the 30 Day Shred again(first time I got 10 days in and then got really sick and gave up). What I want to know is for those of you who saw really good results, did you do extra cardio with it as well? Or just the DVD? I'm planning on doing it every day for 30 days....I'm kinda on a time crunch! haha.

Hello! I started 30 day shred 10 days ago and ready to start level 2. I'm working through the complete 30 day cycle and I'm doing cardio at leat 5/6 days a week as well. Any additional work should be based on your comfort level.
    But so far, it's a good program and I like it. If you have any questions , please feel free to ask. There are multiple 30 day shred groups going on at any given time and everyone is willing to offer their 2 cents. Good luck and happy shredding.
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im on the 30 day shred and its AMAZING. I've lost 14 lbs in two weeks!!!!!! it works if you stick to it. I do 30 minutes of Jullian's 30 day shred and then 45 minutes of Jullian's shred and shed DVD every day. It's hard, but it works:)

14 in two weeks! That's awesome!
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    Just something to consider: I heard that Jillian MIchaels did a webcast and said that it was the production team that made it sound like this was to be done everyday. She said she recommends doing it every other day. I've found what works best for me is to switch up in between Couch to 5K and 30DS everyday. I understand about the time crunch though. Just be sure to listen to your body. Good luck!

I've heard that too, that she says to do it every other day. But with so many people with successes doing it every day, I think I'm gonna stick to that. My muscles are sore but not so sore that it's painful to go every day. I think I can definitely add in some more cardio, might just do 30 min. on the elliptical and see how that goes!
  • journeytocaitlin
    Options
    I did it 7 days per week and ran 2-5 miles three times per week. I lost 18 lb and 21 inches in 30 days. :)

WOW! I hope I can get results like those! Definitely gonna add in some cardio 5-6 days a week I think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!