Using fitbit with mfp

I got my fitbit a few days ago. I don't know how to use it. I wear my fitbit and today I logged 13274 steps. Within that...I did a 60 minute walk at 3 mph. On MFP it shows in my exercise that my fitbit calorie adjustment is only 39 calories burned. Do I go ahead and log my cardiograph as walking 60 minutes and Mcpherson will fix it?

I'm not understanding hoe to go about logging my exercise.

Thank you for the help.

Replies

• lizzus
    lizzus Posts: 21 Member
    I was just going through posts trying to find out as well. I am really curious if I should still be logging walks and such if I'm using my fitbit. Hopefully me replying will bump this up and someone will give us some insight. :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Are you sure it has refreshed? It doesn't do that immediately when you get near the base station.

No, you should not have to log walks (I do). The fitbit will give you credit on MFP eventually. I log them with the time I start and the duration and then it will deduct that from the fitbit amount. So everyday (when I remember to wear it) I will have my 2 one mile walks, my 45 on the elliptical AND a fitbit adjustment for the "rest" of my steps for the day. I only log the first 3 events and then the adjustment is created when my account syncs.

If you do not log the workout sessions separately then it will all be lumped together under fitbit adjustment.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    How is the fitbit website? You like ? To they have a board to answer questions for you? I just got a bodybugg and there's nothing that comes with it I've found useful other than occasional help from someone on here ! Thank goodness for Mfp!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    How is the fitbit website? You like ? To they have a board to answer questions for you? I just got a bodybugg and there's nothing that comes with it I've found useful other than occasional help from someone on here ! Thank goodness for Mfp!

The fitbit website is good. They have message boards - but not as many as here and not as active. The fitbit group on here is usually a better source of info. You can earn badges on the fitbit website for walking and climbing stairs so that is kinda fun.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    If it's just daily activities, I don't log anything. FitBit will automatically send an adjustment over, if whatever you do is more than normally do in a day.

If I'm taking a planned exercise walk, lifting weights, etc.

1) I will hold the button down until the stop watch starts going.
    2) When you're done, hold the button down until it says Stop.
    3) This will create an activity record on FitBit. There will be a link for it in your Dashboard underneath your daily active score. Click on the activity record and it will show your start time, duration, number of steps, and some other stuff.
    4) Take note of the start time and duration on FitBit, then go to MFP's Exercise tab and log whatever activity it was along with the start time and duration.
    5) When you're done, go back to FitBit and it will show the activity you entered on MFP.

It's the same thing when you do your sleep record, except FitBit automatically knows it's sleep and you don't have to manually enter it as such, and it's not an exercise so you wouldn't log it on MFP.