Maintenance vs Weight Loss

kroger7
kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
This is a question for all you MFP-ers who have reached your goal. Do you find maintaining your weight harder or easier than it was to lose it?:glasses:

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Just tagging in to see the answer. I have a fear of hitting maintenance. :ohwell: :tongue:
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    *bump* anyone??
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    For me, it was harder for me to maintain than it is for me to lose...............

In 2003, I lost 98 pounds on Atkins and did not move through the phases properly to learn how to maintain my weight...........

so, even though I was eating a lot more healthy - I was eating too much and have gained back about 80 pounds of that 98 pound weight loss.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I'm technically transitioning to maintence but I'm also still losing. So I guess it *is* harder or I would have stopped by now. :laugh:

I having trouble wrapping my brain around eating as many calories as I need instead of as little as I can get away with. Plus, I'm walking the tight rope between adding in more good foods slowly and carefully vs. going nuts eating everything and anything.

But I'll get there. I'm slowly upping my calories until I stop losing. I've gotten up to 1600-1700 and now I'm working on eating whenever I'm hungry instead of when I'm "supposed" to even if that means eating more often.
This discussion has been closed.