Craving Chocolate and Peanut Butter..

Options
Nightdust
Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
I have a serious craving going on for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and I'm trying to think of a healthy solution. Any quick low calorie ideas?

Replies

• bsmartt
    bsmartt Posts: 6
    Options
    How about a granola bar that's peanut butter and choclate. That's half the calories, and twice as nutrious.
  • Aidl9922
    Aidl9922 Posts: 3
    Options
    I find that if I eat fruit, I satisfy my sweet tooth and I don't crave the sweet junk as much. Now and then, treat yourself but remember the fruit.
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    My favourite is peanut butter granola and a square of dark chocolate.. WAY more filling than reese's because of the fiber in the granola!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    From hungry girl:

Chocolate peanut butter fudge

Ingredients:

2 cups canned pure pumpkin

1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Mix (the 18.3-oz. Family Size box)

2 tbsp. Better ‘n Peanut Butter, room temperature

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else). Spray a small baking pan (8" X 8" work best - no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon 2 tbsp. of Better ‘n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around. Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve.

Serving Size: 1 piece (approx. 1.3 oz.)

Calories: 63

Fat: 1g

Sodium: 56mg

Carbs: 13.5g

Fiber: 1g

Sugars: 9g

Protein: 1g

* 1 Point
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Reese's 100 calorie pack. Not really healthy but it at least limits the calories.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    strawberries
    grapes
    frozen york peppermint patties

if you really want it, pre-log it, go do some exercise to burn it "in advance," and then eat it. or not...
  • McPushup
    McPushup Posts: 12
    Options
    Nutella and Natural Peanut Butter....
    Make a sandwich on wheat bread. (I use Rye)
    Spead Nutella on one slice and the peanut butter on the other....Wholla....Reeses Sandwich....My son loves them!!!!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Nutella and Natural Peanut Butter....
    Make a sandwich on wheat bread. (I use Rye)
    Spead Nutella on one slice and the peanut butter on the other....Wholla....Reeses Sandwich....My son loves them!!!!

do you know how many calories are in that?
  • MelCorNJ
    MelCorNJ Posts: 2
    Options
    I was going to suggest making a smoothie. I have used vanilla protein powder (you can also use chocolate but I usually have vanilla on hand)....add in dark chocolate cocoa (the unsweetened powder you buy in the baking section of the supermarket) and a scoop of peanut butter. Throw in some milk or soy milk or almond milk, a few ice cubes and blend.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I melt dark chocolate - a few squares, say maybe 2 oz. - with about 2 tablespoons of soynut butter (have to use soynut butter because my SigO is severly allergic to regular peanut butter) soynut butter is slightly better for you and tastes exactly the same. anyway I mix it up and either drizzle it over banana or dip apple slices into it. you eat less of the mix if you drizzle but either way you're getting what you crave + fruit so it's better than reaching for the reeces!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    A couple of reese's pieces do the trick :wink:

I believe that I am an actual peanut butter & chocolate- aholic. I could easily LIVE on it. I'm constantly fighting the cravings!
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ooo all of this sounds so yummy! :love: My mom made me buy her and my brother a carton of Triple Peanut Butter Cups ice cream and I have yet to touch it. I'm so proud of myself lol.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Found another solution last night- try a graham cracker with a very thin layer of peanut butter, with just a thin squiggle of chocolate syrup on it. The graham cracker is about 40 calories, 50 calories if you use half a tablespoon of peanut butter, and about 25 in the chocolate (about 115 total)- very tasty! :heart:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ooo all of this sounds so yummy! :love: My mom made me buy her and my brother a carton of Triple Peanut Butter Cups ice cream and I have yet to touch it. I'm so proud of myself lol.

Good for you!!! I'm doing the same with my Chocolate Fudge Brownie icecream... though for that, I would (and WILL) EARN it by doing extra walks/exercise!

Two of my choc/peanut butter "fixes" are:

:heart: chocolate-peanut butter Pops cereal (a small handful will fix the craving, even though it's basically empty calories)

:heart: I keep a frozen Dark Chocolate Dove bar in the freezer... one piece (1/5 of the bar) with a teaspoon of peanut butter will also give me the perfect "fix" - seee.... the chocolate is frozen, so I can let it melt in my mouth longer.... :tongue:

Kelynn, I might have to try that!!!
  • cowsaysmoo
    cowsaysmoo Posts: 15
    Options
    From hungry girl:

Chocolate peanut butter fudge

Ingredients:

2 cups canned pure pumpkin

1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Mix (the 18.3-oz. Family Size box)

2 tbsp. Better ‘n Peanut Butter, room temperature

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else). Spray a small baking pan (8" X 8" work best - no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon 2 tbsp. of Better ‘n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around. Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve.

Serving Size: 1 piece (approx. 1.3 oz.)

Calories: 63

Fat: 1g

Sodium: 56mg

Carbs: 13.5g

Fiber: 1g

Sugars: 9g

Protein: 1g

* 1 Point

Oh, my. This looks so good. Can you even taste the pumpkin? Or is it all peanut butter fudge gooeyness? I've never seen/heard of Better 'n Peanut Butter before MFP. Is it easy to find? And can people with peanut allergies have it?
    UPDATE: Nevermind. I googled it and saw that it is actually peanut butter. Oh well, guess I won't have to share it with my allergic brother. More for me!