Eating MORE

Options
hbunting86
hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
Hi

I'm trying to lose about 10lbs... I'm 5'3'' and quite a petite build.

Basically I've turned over a total new leaf, decided to quit drinking alcohol and doing other unhealthy things - anyway in the past week or so since I quit drinking I just seem to eat and eat and eat and I'm worrying I'm going to pile a heap of weight on!

I don't know if anyone wants to look at my diary or anything... but can I lose weight on what I'm eating? It doesn't make sense to me that I'm suddenly really hungry. I never used to really have breakfast and have started having a good breakfast and a good lunch.

I just don't want to put ON 10lbs... I want to LOSE it!

H

Replies

• hbunting86
    Options
    Bump
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you were drinking regularly, your body needs time to adjust, and cravings are part of the process. My guess is that you might gain a couple lbs and then lose it again. Your best friend will be monitoring and logging your food and being strict with treats for the time being. I honestly don't know how long it will last or if you can prevent a short term weight gain. If you don't get some good answers I would suggest re-posting this topic with something in the title about quitting alcohol and cravings, since a specific title might attract the people who have experience with this.
  • TylerB1089
    TylerB1089 Posts: 10
    Options
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    If I eat breakfast...I can't keep food out of my face all damn day. I mean...I'm ravenous. If I don't eat breakfast...I'm never hungry till around 1pm. I then comfortably get my 2000-3000 (depending on what day it is) calories in before 8pm-9pm...rinse and repeat the next day.
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Thanks - I'll give the article a read. It's not that I make bad food choices at all... I guess my body isn't used to having regular good quality food intake. I've always been an erratic eater. By that I mean one day I might not eat till 3pm and just have a sandwich, then the next I'll have something quite hearty... I guess the alcohol made up for that (useless) calorie-wise.

I'm not in the overweight category... and I'm trying to get fit and healthy as opposed to 'diet' per se. I just don't want all of this (nutritious) food I'm shoveling in my mouth at the moment to go straight to my stomach and hips!
  • blossom76
    blossom76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looks pretty good to me! :) You're probably just not used to eating much but if you don't eat enough that can be a bad thing too. I think you should find that the scales will start going down. Give it a week or so, see what results you're getting. You're also 'meant' to eat back your exercise calories too, so you may find that you're still not eating 'enough' (with your exercise too). I see you've already lost 1kg - well done! :)
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Bump for anyone else with ideas!
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    It looks like what you're eating is great for staying within your calorie range but you seem to go over in sodium and others a lot which could hinder your weight loss a bit.