Night time

Options
I have a night job and I work 5pm to 12:30 am. When I come home all I feel like doing is eating crappy stuff and relaxing before bed. Anyone have any advice they can give me on this? I'm always hungry after work! RAWR!

Replies

• SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love my protein shakes! They are like dessert without all the sugar and calories. I use Fage nonfat plain yogurt with frozen blueberries and unsweetened almond milk. So good. I make a double portion! Full of good protein and filling!
  • cnorwoodjr
    cnorwoodjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, another night worker! I do the graveyard shift and I used to have the same problem. I find that I'm less hungry if I eat little things sporadically through my shift. What do you do for food on your shift? Also, drinking water is a BIG help for me.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    smoothies, egg white omelets or scrambles, turkey wraps, bagelthin sandwiches, fruit, yogurt with fruit and granola, baked sweet potatoes, oatmeal, cereal with nonfat milk all these are good choices and quick and easy to make
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have time to snack through out my shift:( I've been addicted to diet soda for the longest time but this week I switched to water, tea or coffee. I eat dinner around 7... But by 12:30am I'm hungry agin, sometimes I'm there later. I def need to drink more water, I know that for sure lol. Protein shake sounds like a possibility. Sometimes I work out after work as well:-/
  • cnorwoodjr
    cnorwoodjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd say have something small when you get home to take the edge off. My best friends at work are bananas and light n' fit yogurts. I know some people say that when you eat just before bed it'll all be stored as fat. I don't know if that's true or not but even if it is, 90 calories from a banana or 60 from a little yogurt pack won't add up to much.