Running shoes: What are your favorites? Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    wow, thank a million for everyone's advice! I will be checking out roadrunners.com for sure.

And as for my over pronation, I don't have low arches or flat feet??? But it is very slight and "not enough to worry about," At least that's what they told me at the running store. They sold me a pair of brooks and, given they are good shoes, They are almost worn out now and I haven't been totally satisfied with them (knee pain, too big, stretch out too much when running) and there return policy is a joke.
  • SuprGirl33
    SuprGirl33 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, Brooks in general are good for many, many runners. They don't sound like they're quite right for you though, or just maybe not that exact model. RoadRunnerSports won't let you down in service, quality, return policies, etc; at least not in my experience over the last 5yrs. When you go to their website, you'll see a banner at the top that says something about joining now, VIP Family. If you sign up/buy, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be satisfied as far as running stuff goes. Happy shopping/running!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Do you know what type of shoe you need? i.e. stability, neutral, etc.? Is that what you meant by universal platform? Once you know the type of shoe you want, it's just a matter of fit/comfort. Go try on as many as you can and buy the ones that feel the best.

I have a pair new balance, adidas, and mizuno (wave runners), and I just ordered a pair of brooks. All the big names make good shoes, and a lot of smaller names too.