Cottage Cheese ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mix 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a Yoplait fat-free blueberry yogurt. Yummy! (Mixing it with any yogurt is good...perfect combo of good protein and carbs.)

Also, Bill Phillips' book Eating For Life has a lot of great dessert and snack recipes using cottage cheese like puddings, smoothies, cheesecakes, pate', dips, etc.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I :love: Cottage Cheese.

I eat mine as a side with salads.
    I eat it topped with sunflower seeds (The sunflower seeds add a lot of HEALTHY calories.)
    I eat it topped with bacon bits or "salad toppings" (McCormick brand crunchy stuff for salads).
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I have always been a cottage cheese fan. I LOVE 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and a baked sweet potato for a lunch or sometimes a supper. Some days I really crave that. The cottage cheese is nice protein and the sweet potato has a lot of good orange veggie vitamins. Or when I am feeling like a lasagna type meal the 2 oz.whole wheat noodles and cook up white turkey breast, add 1/2 cup spaghettie sauce (hunts mushroom has little fat and decent taste) and mix in the 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and it has to taste of lasagne but much easier on the calorie and fat count.

I tried the cottage cheese and sweet potato. I was amazing! :love:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey great ideas! I love cottage cheese. I eat 1% every morning with 1/2 cup of mandarine orange slices. It keeps me full for a long time.

I have a friend who makes a fat free pie with it, by putting it in the blender and processing it till smooth. It gives it a definite cheesecake flavor with some fruit gelatin.