over eating.

I have a problem with food. One that I can't fix myself. I am constantly punishing myself with food. Over the last 18 months I have managed to lose 45 pounds! I'm much fitter too as I got really into jogging also I'm going on holidays in 2 weeks and wanted to lose 6-7lbs before then. My problem is I can't stop eating, I eat until I'm either sick or start crying, This is a constant cycle. I'll lose some wait and then eat ALL the food in the whole world and then have more of a struggle to get that off. I feel the closer I get to goal the more I sabotage myself. I know perfectly well how to eat healthy and 'drink lots of water' and 'avoid buying sweets' I have try to talk to people about it but all I get it people telling me the usual tips on how to lose weight, I know that. I know to be healthy, I want to know why I'm not BEING healthy why I mess everything up when I do know the right way to do things. I joined slimming world 3 months ago and have been up and down a bit, not as much as I would be if I stayed doing it on my own but I'm about to leave for weigh in and think I'm up 3 lbs this week, it's going to be so embarrassing. I had a lot of people compliment my weight loss and feel when I'm with friends who are struggling I have to eat to prove I'm not starving myself , this also does not make sense to me, why to I destroy my own diet to please other people? I tell myself over and over iIm eating this food because I don't care about dieting or what people think but that's just not true.
Sorry this was so long. I just have no idea what to do, :(

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    There's a book / ebook that addresses the problem directly "Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating" by Gillian Riley.

Her website is http://www.eatingless.com/

It seems you have correctly identified that your problem is overeating, and that your weight is a consequence of that. Her approach is not to diet but to reduce the overeating, concentrating on the psychology of eating and not what's on your plate.

Good luck !