Anyone here on Slim Fast

Options
:wink: Hello Everyone!!

This is my second day on here and day one went very well.
I have decide to give Slim Fast again and was wondering is there is anyone else on here on Slim Fast.

If so how do you find it?

Add me

Replies

• smurray865
    smurray865 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am starting Weight Watchers on Friday and have already started Slimfast which I have done before and lost about 30 lbs .
    Slim fast is acceptable on the weight watchers diet , they have points allowed for this .
    I was very hungry the first week but learned to add the snacks and no point snacks to keep me full . Fruits , raw vegies , plain popcorn and of course the slim fast bars if needed . I was successful in losing 30 lbs in 3 months .
    It takes some getting used to but it is do-able and just as with anything else I saved myself a cheat day . I refuse to deny myself what im craving . Sunday was my day to have that slice of cheesecake , a Starbucks Frappachino or get a ice-cream w the kids . Luckily we now have great yogurt places poping up everywhere and its good too . Save a cheat day and use it ( in moderation) to reward yourself just a little bit for a job well done during the week .

stephanie
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do the shake for breakfast and if really busy might have a bar for lunch... They are basically nutritional garbage, so I try not to use them too much, but if I don't have slimfast for breakfast, I won't eat breakfast, so it's better than that option.
    If you research you'll see what I mean about them being nutritional garbage, but if it's the only way you know how to limit intake and track calories, it's a start.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have tried SF shakes in the past, but couldn't survive on it. I would get too hungry for real food.

I have had much better success just making correct food choices.

I do use the SF snack bars, though. Some of them are very tasty.
  • hikerchic
    hikerchic Posts: 23
    Options
    I agree with bikerjewelz. I use them if nothing else sounds good and I don't want to waste my calories on other junk. I usually have a shake for breakfast.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them. It's the easy way to control calories. You can get the same results with real food. My view is it doesn't really teach you anything. You lose weight, but if you haven't learned anything you will gain the weight back (you can't live on the shakes forever).

I use the powder from time to time in my protein shakes though. I use half a scoop to mask the flavour of the protein powder I have. I am looking into other things to add instead of the powder though as I don't like how it's all processed garbage in it.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have been using Slim Fast powder for about one month. I use Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla with it to cut down the calories. I'm pretty much using it as a flavored filler, though sometimes I do use it as a chocolate treat at night. I have one shake in the morning and one around lunchtime. I do not use the bars because I just don't see the point. If I didn't have the breakfast shake, I would not end up eating breakfast and lunch just wouldn't fill me up. They do curb my appetite enough that I can make a good choice for snacking and lunch. I do not follow the 3-2-1 plan because 1) it restricts to 1200 calories and 2) I would rather eat when I'm hungry. If I have the designated 100 cal snack sitting around, I will wait as long as I can to eat it, then it won't curb anything for me. I have found that the shakes help regulate eating many smaller meals thru the day. Shake for breakfast, a cup of coffee an hour later, an apple two hours later, then lunch (usually any form of produce I can find in my fridge) 150 cal shake for afternoon snack and then whatever reasonable dinner I eat. I do need to consider moving the second shake to later in the afternoon though, I am finding myself too hungry when I get home from work. I am also considering switching to a protein shake because I am now realizing my protein is way too low, BUT I have lost 2 lbs per week consistently while having been on the shakes and I'm still able to load tons of fruits, veggies and other sound choices into my day.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have never followed the Slim Fast Diet but, I do keep their powder shakes on hand. Great last minute breakfast on the go.
  • allybfit
    allybfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I am doing slim fast and have been for the last 3 months. I love it and its easy. Pleas add me as a friend if you like.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have slim fast shakes for breakfast and lunch most workdays because it is easier and i'm not a breakfast person. I don't follow the plan, just count them as part of my calories. I actually get the wal-mart brand because they are cheaper and taste about the same. Feel free to add me if you need support and friends
  • rach198823
    rach198823 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have done Slim fast for 3 weeks now and lost 6 pounds so far. The reason why I do it is because sometimes I don't get a break at work so something I can sip through out the day. This way dont eat loads at night because im starving I use the powdered form. I have a little routine at night where I make it in a flask the night before and shake it up so nice and smooth. I like all the flavors but chocolate is the best.
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm doing oatmeal for very early breakfast (5:30-6am) and Slim Fast shake for what I call my second breakfast or morning snack (8-9am) and a Slim Fast shake for dinner. For lunch I eat a balanced meal with lots of protein, fiber, including brown rice, lean meat, veggies, egg substitute, beans and low fat or reduced fat foods, never going over my daily calories limit. I also avoid foods that are high in sodium, fat, cholesterol and sugar. I have lost 8 lbs so far in 11 days and still 70 lbs to go. Don't feel that hungry at all during the day and allow myself a little treat when I earn calories from exercise. Tried other shakes, but they are just gross. Slim Fast tastes much better!
  • GillianHoward86
    Options
    im on the slim fast diet iv been doing it for 3 weeks on and off but this week iv been determined to stick to it. i find it very gd as i dnt need to eat too much fruit or veg i can hav what i like for my dinner (or 1 meal) so long as its within my 600 calorie allowance which using this app helps me with as i can count them all before making it.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Why don't you use a real, healthy protein powder shake instead?

Here's my recipe for 250 calories, 31g Protein:

2 cups baby spinach
    1/2 a medium banana
    1 tbsp PB2
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Vanilla (or you can use chocolate flavor)
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    5 ice cubes

It keeps me full for about a good 3 hours... sometimes up to 4 hours.

Edit to add: It tastes like peanut butter & banana awesomeness.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this forum on MFP, which I love! I just started day 1 of Slim Fast today.

I have been getting so frustrated because it seems like I have tried lots of things and nothing is working. I lost about 30lbs in a year, losing the last 10 right before my wedding. However, right after my wedding I gained about 12-14lbs back. I know part of it was from the honeymoon and Christmas, and making poorer food choices while moving halfway across the country. When my new husband and I got settled we started walking a lot and I was even doing some jogging too. We would do this several days a week, and I started counting my calories again on MFP. I kept gaining. I tried an intense Wii program called EA Sports Active. Lots of sweat but no results. For several weeks now I have been very consistent with exercising 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes each time. I haven't had any results. I am getting frustrated because I am working out, drinking mainly water, and trying to eat as healthy as possible. I even went vegan for 30 days and barely lost 2lbs.

I am going to try Slim Fast for a few weeks. If that works, I'll keep it up. If not, I'm going to get back on Nutrisystem, which helped me lose my first 20lbs.

Today I had a shake for breakfast, an apple for a mid-morning snack, a shake for lunch, and also a small salad with balsamic vinaigrette and 4 oz. of baked salmon. I am going to an Italian-themed get-together tonight so I am going to try to conserve and combine dinner with my 2nd and 3rd snacks. We'll see how I do after a week!

I would really love to keep this thread going, I need all the help I can get right now. I am getting so frustrated!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not sure how their new formulas are but when I was on it they were too high in carbs and too low in protein. You should aim for at least 20 grams of protein with each meal and a snack. I don't know if they meet that goal or not.

I do shakes for breakfast and either a shake or bar for lunch but I go more towards those that are prescribed by MD's since they have higher protein and fewer carbs. Bariwise, Wonderslim, Proti diet, all are good ones and I mix and match depending on what I want to order. I get mine at dietdirect.com. If the slimfast doesn't have the macros you need, check that site out.

Remember that protein satisfies you longer so you want that each meal so you do not feel hungry.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    They do have a high protein formula, so I may check that out when I run out of what I currently have. I am just trying it for a couple weeks to see if I see any results. Nothing has been seeming to work for me lately.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was doing meal replacement shakes. Once I got the hang of monitoring my caloric intake, I dropped the shakes in favor of actual food and haven't looked back. There's nothing special about them and they don't actually help you lose weight any more than any other food, but if that's what will get you started, go for it. I think kroger has a noname brand that's the same thing as slim fast, only cheaper.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I find that I can feel fuller on less calories if I don't do the shakes.
  • dpstoops
    dpstoops Posts: 2
    Options
    I started as a way to kick-start my diet.

Sadly, I know how to eat well, but because I'm so much heavier than I've ever been, I'm on this sort-of downward spiral of not giving a ****. So unless I have something super strict, like SF, I will just give in to my urges because, well I'm already this big anyway, or at least that's my logic.

I'm hoping SF will help me see that I can lose this baby weight.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Why don't you use a real, healthy protein powder shake instead?

Here's my recipe for 250 calories, 31g Protein:

2 cups baby spinach
    1/2 a medium banana
    1 tbsp PB2
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Vanilla (or you can use chocolate flavor)
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    5 ice cubes

It keeps me full for about a good 3 hours... sometimes up to 4 hours.

Edit to add: It tastes like peanut butter & banana awesomeness.

^^^This!^^^