No more DOMS?

Options
Someone reassure me that the old addage of 'no pain, no gain' is not always true.

Since starting a lifting program I've had DOMS once (first session, could barely sit for two days afterwards), since then - nothing.

A part of me is screaming 'no pain, no gain' however I'm really enjoying not feeling dead the next day.

I feel like I'm working hard during my sessions, I'm upping either weights by a little or reps each session and I really feel it during the sessions, but the next day I'm pain free.

I am consuming a good 20-30g protein after each session, I assume this could also be making a difference?

Someone reassure me, otherwise I'll wind up killing it in the gym tonight ...

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mine have stopped as well and I only got them the 1st 2 times I lifted. I think this is normal.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    As you lift longer, your soreness patterns will change. For one, it tends to become less pronounced for most people. Also, you'll probably come to find that you only get sore when trying a different exercise (switching from machine chest press to free bench press, for example), when you work certain weaker parts of your body, or when you do abnormally high-volume workouts.