Maintaining goal weight?

Options
ldickov
ldickov Posts: 5 Member
Hi,

First post! I've now reached my target weight (woo hoo!), but am not sure how to maintain it. MFP has automatically amended my target calories per day, so do I simply just continue with that?

Any advice appreicated!

Lynsay

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yes, maintain your calories and any exercise you have been doing, or the equivilant of the exercise you have been doing. Exercise speeds your metabolism so if you drop it you may gain even if calories are right for maintaining.
  • kathytompkins
    kathytompkins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just hit my goal weight also!! MFP did not adjust anything? I thought it would give me a new calorie goal for maintaining. Did you have to do something to get a new target calorie count?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too have reached my goal weight. For the past 3 weeks I've been at maintenance calories and reduced my exercising from 6 days a week to 4, same intensity. I've still be losing a bit here and there, but it's better than the scale going up!

You find the maintenence calories to be FABULOUS! It's hard on a "normal" day to eat that many calories, but on days you are out and about it's heavenly to know you can eat and not see that red number!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just hit my goal weight also!! MFP did not adjust anything? I thought it would give me a new calorie goal for maintaining. Did you have to do something to get a new target calorie count?

You'll have to go into settings and tell MFP that you want to maintain, not lose. It will assign a whole new calorie goal. Enjoy and congrats!
  • blueraidermike
    Options
    Two things to do.

#1, still log your food so that you can spot trends and keep yourself in check.
    #2, Keep the same pace with your exercise - don't slack here.

You should be able to eat an extra 250-350 calories a day and maintain, so its the best of both worlds.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it will take a few weeks to get into it. If you keep logging though and you go up or down a pound you know exactly how to take it back off. I am loving being on maintenance, getting to eat chocolate before bed etc to get to my goal lol ;-)
  • ldickov
    ldickov Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! When I entered my weight, and it was (just below) my target, it automatically changed my calories, down slightly!! I was a little confused.

However, since reading your advice, I've amended my settings to maintain weight, and it has shot up :-)

I am certainly going to keep up my healthy lifestyle, and enjoy what I want to eat / drink too!!
  • kathytompkins
    kathytompkins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you need to go into settings and update diet/fitness plan scroll down and check "maintain curent weight" and it will give you the calorie count per day-I picked up 300 cal/day!! Felt guilty at first, but it has been a couple months now and even with the higher calorie intake I am maintaining!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!