Options
hey im Serra from New Zealand. its heading to winter here so i joined the gym so i can keep running in the evenings. ive begin adding in weight training and im super scared im going to make myself bigger by lifting weights! my weight is very healthy but i want to lose some fat and well the scales stay on the same damn number!

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! You're doing the right thing by adding weight training - you won't get huge but it will help you lose fat and gain muscle. If the scale is staying the same, are you measuring yourself? How are your clothes fitting? You might be making progress even if you aren't dropping weight right now! Keep up the good work :)
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the weights. (Fit is the new thin). Ignore the numbers on thescale and just focus on body fat% the weight will go down on it's own, but your body will tone up. Their is another thread about this I'll see if I ca find it.
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This isn't the post I was looking for, but it explains it pretty clear.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/133344-body-fat-vs-scale-weight?hl=body+fat+vs+scales#posts-3749497