Options
12346»

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    wear these and run shirtless

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx-vE58dds2akSqTOL4AQmyXt5AF9UGFASkNXP_k2j4fyWHHILGQ

^^^Baaaahahahahaha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's AWESOME!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    lol I love the eyeball bandaid look! :D

my hubby has this problem.. I suggested tassel pasties hahahah.. no, in all seriousness, he uses either bandaids, or body glide... body glide works great for anything under 10ish miles, on really long runs, he uses first aid tape. puts a piece of gauze, and tapes it completely down. He's found that some wicking shirts are even worse for the prob. Good luck!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    and here I thought it was just me... I have this issue too, when it's warm I usually just wear a tshirt, but then the sweat coupled with the breeze causes a sandpaper rubfest like no other, I'm glad I found this thread.. I usually just threw on a light jacket and ran with that

"Cotton Kills!"

I hear it in hiking, I hear it in ocean sports, I hear it in cycling, and I'm starting to think it's true of running as well.

Cotton is my favorite material for sitting here on my *kitten* in the office (though I wear only wool socks now, because cotton really messes up my feet!). It's also great for low-impact exercise in temperature-controlled areas. Other than that, I'm really starting to lean more in the direction of modern synthetics.

oh yeah, figured that one the hard way.. but live and learn...
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    udder cream will help it heal up.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. This is not normal. Men get breast cancer too, so make sure that you are screened.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    petals ..... women wear them when they want to cover nipples in a sheer top without bra. works pretty good doesnt hurt when removed either
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    UnderArmor FTW
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Any clothing that wicks sweat away from the body should help.
    Avoid cotton - cotton is rotten!

You could also try running without a shirt??

If Vaseline isn't working for you anymore try Bodyglide...

Or maybe start wearing band aids.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Any clothing that wicks sweat away from the body should help.
    Avoid cotton - cotton is rotten!

You could also try running without a shirt??

If Vaseline isn't working for you anymore try Bodyglide...

Or maybe start wearing band aids.

Do you run without a shirt? If so, where do you run, please and thank you....:wink:
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    For a whole lote of reasons, I run on the treadmill at the gym! I know what youre going to say, running 20kms on a treadmill....Anyway, it makes it a little hard to go topless. For the record I dont wear cotton, I wear a Dri Fit type top which expels the sweat! Some great suggestion here though. Thanks for all the good advice!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Let them toughen up, the process is painful but that's what eventually happens with nursing mothers.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if I bit too hard :(
  • DavidOfOz
    Options
    Let them toughen up, the process is painful but that's what eventually happens with nursing mothers.

Thats what Im doing, but they just seem to get worse!!!
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You could use a nipple cream(for breastfeeding) at night while you sleep most are lanolin and a very sticky and can stain so wear a shirt you don't mind ruining.

This is what I was thinking. Lansinoh or Medela are both good picks. You might try nipple shields or "Lily Pads". You can find both in the breastfeeding section at Target.
  • DavidOfOz
    Options
    I'm sorry if I bit too hard :(

Well then, youd better make good and suck them gently to sooth them
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

Thats what Im doing, but they just seem to get worse!!!

My sister said it took a good three/four months, and you have to continue running or else they will go back to being sensitive again. I am 23 weeks pregnant now and not looking forward to the pain!