30 Day Shred question

Options
can you lose weight by doing only 30 Day Shred for 5-6 times a week and eating at a deficit? or do i need to add more cardio to lose pounds ?

Replies

• startinganewleaf
    Options
    yes you can, although personally i do like the 30 day shred AND an hour of cardio
  • snooze88
    snooze88 Posts: 20
    Options
    i lost 6lbs doing 30DS and 15.5 inches :happy:
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I did it, I ate my calories (1200) but didn't eat the extra that the 30DS burned off and I lost weight.

I wouldn't eat a deficit from your allowance though.

I agree with PP about doing Cardio as well.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    yes you can, although personally i do like the 30 day shred AND an hour of cardio

This is what I did as well.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would still do additional cardio. I did the 30DS every morning and still went to the gym 3-4 days a week to run. I never logged my 30DS. I wore my HRM the first time I did it and my calorie burn was only 180. I mainly did it for the strength training.
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    thank you for answering :))
    if i add more cardio ( for 3-4 times a week ) and eat some of my exercise calories back will i still be losing?
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I only lost two pounds when I did the shred, however I lost a ton of inches. Make sure you measure!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I ate at 1200 and ate back my calories and I did 30DS and I lost very well with it! If I felt up to it and had time I did other cardio (just like running or walking for 20 minutes) but only sometimes.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    if i add more cardio ( for 3-4 times a week ) and eat some of my exercise calories back will i still be losing?

I do 30DS 3x/week and on the other days I do other JM videos and I run. I eat back ALL my exercise calories, and I lost 17 lbs in 2.5 months (I am currently maintaining my weight, no longer trying actively to lose).
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30ds ONLY that, sometimes taking the dog for a walk around my village. I also have been eating healthy and around 1400cal per day. I haven't lost weight, but I have lost inches and am building muscle and endurance! I recommend the 30ds!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred will help tone and tighten-you will lose inches and yes some weight but I would also add cardio.
  • amy_marlene
    Options

I do 30DS 3x/week and on the other days I do other JM videos and I run. I eat back ALL my exercise calories, and I lost 17 lbs in 2.5 months (I am currently maintaining my weight, no longer trying actively to lose).
    that's great loss,congrats :))
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Most people lose more inches than lbs with 30DS. I've lost 5.5lbs and at least 5 inches with it. I've got to measure again on Saturday, which is my last day. I ate back exercise calories, per my HRM, do it 5 days a week and do cardio one other day.
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    Most people lose more inches than lbs with 30DS. I've lost 5.5lbs and at least 5 inches with it. I've got to measure again on Saturday, which is my last day. I ate back exercise calories, per my HRM, do it 5 days a week and do cardio one other day.
    great progess :))
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    QUESTIONs, where can I get the 30 DS, Is it one workout or a kit with several? Is there a special eating plan that goes with it other then cuting calories?
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    QUESTIONs, where can I get the 30 DS, Is it one workout or a kit with several? Is there a special eating plan that goes with it other then cuting calories?
    It is just a DVD in the exercise section of most stores. Or Amazon. Great stuff! well worth the few bucks.

You really lose the best the first time you use it. Then you can do the harder moves the next round. It is a tool that can be used all the time. Great toning. And if you add weights you can even get a great lifting workout with out bulking.