1200 Calories?

shannahrenee
shannahrenee Posts: 380
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been trying to lose 1.5 lbs per week for the past couple weeks. It hasn't been hard staying within my calorie limit, but this past weekend I didn't really keep track and I was luckily able to maintain after many meals out and lots of "chocolate balls" (don't ask they're a dessert that is clearly from the devil if you're trying to lose weight) Anyway, I changed my goal to lose 2 lbs per week in the hopes that I'll lose the last 2.5 lbs to reach my goal of getting to 199 before Monday July 13th . I've been trying to get to 199 for what seems like forever and I'm so close right now and I really want to achieve this mini goal because I feel like it will keep me motivated.

Has anyone else gone from about 1400 calories to 1200 and if so was it very difficult?

Thanks for any advice! :heart:

Replies

• You know, you wouldn't think that a mere two hundred calories would be hard to give up, but honestly, it's one of the hardest things that I had to do---so I feel your pain! My suggestion is to exercise as frequently as you can tolerate it, so you can "earn" more calories to eat. So if you know that you want to splurge, build a workout into your day that burns the equal (or greater) amount of calories that you want to eat. That way you can splurge without causing weight gain.

In any case, good luck and hang in there---you can do it!

:drinker:

So I've been trying to lose 1.5 lbs per week for the past couple weeks. It hasn't been hard staying within my calorie limit, but this past weekend I didn't really keep track and I was luckily able to maintain after many meals out and lots of "chocolate balls" (don't ask they're a dessert that is clearly from the devil if you're trying to lose weight) Anyway, I changed my goal to lose 2 lbs per week in the hopes that I'll lose the last 2.5 lbs to reach my goal of getting to 199 before Monday July 13th . I've been trying to get to 199 for what seems like forever and I'm so close right now and I really want to achieve this mini goal because I feel like it will keep me motivated.

Has anyone else gone from about 1400 calories to 1200 and if so was it very difficult?

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member

Why monday July 13, May I ask you, Thats my 26th birthday yaaaay me :laugh:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    I was on 1,330 and i tell you what dropping to 1,200 was hard.. it might only be a small amount, but it does make a world of difference... i have been on 1,200 for the last week 1/2 so im not looking for any immediate results, however my goal is to get to 9stone 6lbs by september.. so i have a stone to loose in aprox 2 months... we shall see?!
    Anything under 10 stone would be lovely!

What is your food diary like?

Katherine
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380

Why monday July 13, May I ask you, Thats my 26th birthday yaaaay me :laugh:

That's the day i leave for the beach! Happy early birthday!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    I was on 1,330 and i tell you what dropping to 1,200 was hard.. it might only be a small amount, but it does make a world of difference... i have been on 1,200 for the last week 1/2 so im not looking for any immediate results, however my goal is to get to 9stone 6lbs by september.. so i have a stone to loose in aprox 2 months... we shall see?!
    Anything under 10 stone would be lovely!

What is your food diary like?

Katherine

maybe I am slow here.. but can you explain the stone thing to me???
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    14lb = 1 stone.. so i weigh 10stone 8lbs atm...

=149lbs if im right!!? i would like to be 132lbs by sept = 9stone 7lbs :o)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member

Exercise is your friend all the way. The more you do the more you are allowed to eat. That is my suggestion cause I was using another site before that had me eating 1200 calories a day and told me to burn something like 800 calories per week (I am used to much more than that) but if I exercised my calories did not go up like they do on MFP. This made me stick to 1200 for a long time and it was so hard to up my intake when I was exercising more once joining MFP.. so it does go both ways. so I would say stick to 1400 but doing a little something everyday to burn those extra 200 calories.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Yes, since I've gone to 1,200 calories I've had a hard time staying within my calorie limit. I exercise a lot so I can eat more, but sometimes I'll still go over.
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    I have ben on 1200 cals since I started here and the initial transition was very hard. To give you an idea, the very first day on MFP I just ate as I usually did and logged everything in to see how much I had been eating before I'd even begun to think about calories, and I was at 2200!! No wonder I was having such trouble losing weight! :tongue: Anyway, the only way I can stay within my limit is through exercise. If you can find a good cardio exercise you enjoy, doing that for even 30 minutes a day can allow you enough calories to not go to bed hungry or whatnot.

Does anyone have any little tricks for burning an extra 200 cals or so in a day apart from gym exercising? I know things like parking on the far side of the lot can do their little bit and such.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member

hey,

i have faith in you! i went to a 1200 cal diet from eating thousands of cals a day, i was probably consuming anywhere from 2500-3000 calories. i increased it to 1300 because i do eat a lot...so it is hard for me. but i think you can do it. dropping 200 calories can mean dropping unhealthy snacks....or not putting extra condiments on. or...a little extra cardio!
This discussion has been closed.