5k Time

Options

Replies

• athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I started C25K October 17, 2011, and my first 5K was January 28, 2012. I finished in 22:15. I was 32.
  • karlichelle18
    karlichelle18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    honestly, just get out there and run. you'll probably be surprised that you run faster than you trained. I did a 6k on St. Pats and finished it in 52:00, which was faster than I'd expected. You get 2nd winds you didn't knew existed.
    5k time was just over 24m. I'm 31.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Greenville Hospital System Swamp Rabbit Trail 5K, May 2011:
    Age--34
    Weight--+290lbs
    Time--01:04:42 (strictly walking)

GHS Swamp Rabbit Trail 5K, May 4, 2012:
    Age--35
    Weight--250lbs
    Time--00:51:23 (some running/mostly walking)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was ran in 31:08. I was 45!
  • athenna1869
    athenna1869 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My 1st 5k is this August, I'm training for the Run For Your Life, Zombie Obstacle course.
    So far, I can run 3 miles in 38min,<walk/jog/ sprint intervals] but this is only my 2nd week training.

Good luck with your training. For me, the hardest part is shutting down the self sabotaging monkey chatter in my brain.

ps I'm 35
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I usuall run a 5K in 33 minutes on a treadmill, my outside time has been 29 minutes for a 5K, the first 5K I ran was not timed (Color Me Rad) but it was around 29 minutes. I am 40 and started running in January of this year.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I started walking 5Ks at 51y/o and well over 200lbs. My first finish time was 1hr and 6 min. in Spring 2011.

Last weekend (now at 52y/o and 164 lbs) I walked/jogged a 5K at 40 mins.

Still have a long way to go, but making progress.

Good luck to you!
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was at age 35 and my time was 39:45. It was a very hilly course and I was jogging very conservatively b/c I didn't want to walk any during the whole race. My third was age 36 and I had improved to 31:54. I had more confidence in myself at that point.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    great thanks for all the responses! I am running my first one in about 2 weeks and Im scared! lol. Im averaging my runs about 50 minutes, so hopefully it goes a bit faster on race day. I know they say not to worry about time your first one, but its so nerve racking! :)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    great thanks for all the responses! I am running my first one in about 2 weeks and Im scared! lol. Im averaging my runs about 50 minutes, so hopefully it goes a bit faster on race day. I know they say not to worry about time your first one, but its so nerve racking! :)

My first one I did was when I was 43 and it was 52:10 In April I did a 5K on Apr 1 in 48:10 then a 10K in 1:30:27 and another 5K in 43 and change!

Don't worry about the time just have fun and enjoy the race. ohhhh and don't wear your race shirt during the race! Save it to wear afterwards!
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 25 and ran my first 5k this past weekend, coming in at 34:32. I was pretty darn stoked! I am currently on week 7 of c25k to boot! Great Job to all who have finished them! :flowerforyou:
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    First and only (so far) at age 32 and time was about 34 min
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was on February 25 2012- time 27:54, last one was on April 14th - time 25:24, I started running in November and I was 26
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I wasn't chip timed, but my running buddies estimated us at 36 minutes. I've done 6 5ks and I'm around there for all of them (not really concerned about being fast, just running the whole thing). I'm 29, but I was 27 for my first race.
  • Amf1973
    Amf1973 Posts: 2
    Options
    I did not run, but I did walk. I did this 5k in 60 minutes with my friend Annie! I am 39 years old. My children ran as they are in a Girls On The Run program and were done within 30 and 35 minutes. I am so proud of them and Me!
    :smile:
  • jld5227
    jld5227 Posts: 2
    Options
    My First 5K time (3 years ago) 36:54 Age 46
    My Last in Feb 23:04 Age 49 (I won my age group too)
  • Massageu2
    Massageu2 Posts: 59
    Options
    What is chip time? I'm new at this clearly. Started c25k this week. :)

When you are in a 5K they have a chip in your number. It starts at the same time for all runners. Then when you cross the finish line it gets your end time. So if you start in the back of the pack your timer starts before you do. Good luck on c25K that is what I used to train.

Actually, the point of having a timing chip is that it doesn't start timing you until you cross the starting line mat and stops timing when you cross the finish line mat. That way if you are at the back of the pack you are not penalized on the clock. A lot of races will post results with GUN TIME and CHIP TIME and you may see a difference of a minute or more between the two.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I walked my first 5K three weeks ago, at the age of 49. My time was 48:47.2. I've always said I'd never be a runner, but being a participant in an event like this has given me cause to reconsider.

I'd also like to walk a 10K and a half-marathon at some point, too.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was last September and my time was 34 and change at the age of 34, my second one was on St Patty's Day still age 34 and my time was 28 and change. I started jogging less than a year ago. My 10K time self timed is an hour and 44 seconds.
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    23 years old for both of mine.

First: 35 minutes
    Second: 36 minutes

I didn't run the whole thing, walked a bit, but never more than a songs worth :)