Threw my back out

Options
I was doing so well this weekend, eating pretty good, biked 12 miles on Saturday....I had finally broke through my plateau and was eager to see another loss this week.

But I threw out my back yesterday....it was one of the worst pains I have ever felt. I laid around and tried to see if it would get better but it didn't so my boyfriend took me to emergency. All they could do is pain management....so they gave me some drugs and sent me on my way. So yesterday I could do nothing but lay around and eat junk because my boyfriend would just go out and get the easiest comfort food he could....eating a salad when you're in such pain is not very desirable.

We barely have any groceries so this morning while I'm waiting to go back to the doctor all I could find for breakfast is stale mushy graham crackers and tortilla chips. I'm hoping I'm feeling well enough to at least go for a walk tomorrow, and hopefully get some groceries tonight. But I'm just feeling so blah with the pain and not being able to do anything except be in pain and eat junk. In case ya didn't notice, I don't do well with being injured or sick.

Replies

• Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    I hope U feel better soon dear:flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'd try the chiropractor, they adjust you so that you aren't just covering up the pain with pills. I go to them before the doctor. When I have a headache usually my head is on wrong lol. Get well soon!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I feel your pain! I was in a car accident Saturday and I can't believe how much my back hurts. I'll be visiting the doctor and the chiropractor today. Hope you feel better soon!
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    I know back pain - all too well:sick: 20 years of it off and on:mad: - even been hospitalized for it. I've committed myself to lose weight and keep it off. I myself do not use chiropractors. I've tried 3 times and its never done me any good:angry: . Go to a doctor, ask for a physiotherapist - they are much better. If you have inflammation you should get anti-inflammatories - they have some pain killers. If there is spasming then you should get muscle relaxants. I've had to use both but this past year I've had my back go out 5 times in 3 months. They gave my some strong nerve pain killer medication as I have been in constant pain. T3s with codeine make me hiper so I don't want those.

Depending on the injury, I apply heat for muscle tightness and cold for pain and spasming. My routine was 20mins trying to walk around, 20 mins ice, then 20 mins heat. Did this for 12 hours a day and several days a week. Don't just lie around - doctors have found out this slows the healing progress.

Don't worry, it'll get better and then you can continue with your goals!:flowerforyou:

Take care :smile: