Silly Question about Macros

Options
catpow2
catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
As you might conclude from my profile picture, my diet is pretty strict. Strict in the sense that I really only eat protein and fat. Very few carbs (I think--at least according to my food bag). Given this, I'm wondering why I'm not leaner. No, I don't lift and I don't do cardio. But I do engage in HITT pretty consistently and yes, I do push myself. Yesterday, actually I ran up a tall tree, which the human I live with was pretty unhappy about. Whatever. I would totally do it again because it got my heart rate up. I do also sleep A LOT--like up to 20 hours a day, but after doing something like that, I'm completely wiped.

So my question is, I've noticed that some of my distant relatives (lions, for example) are often actually pretty lean--of course, many of them also have less hair, which is probably why no one can see my cuts. My arms and shoulders are in pretty good shape, but I do have a belly. I know my diet IS different from that of my distant relatives--I eat canned liver pate and they eat wild zibra--but the macros would be similar, yes? Am I just not doing enough cardio? If I could go outside more often--it rains a lot here though--I think I could lean out some. :smile:

Replies