Zombie 5k

Options
http://runforyourlives.com/

Wow! A 5k with zombies! Obstacles, blood, and mud galore!

I'm in no way a runner, and I expect to be zombified almost immediately, but I'm thinking of doing c25k just for this. Too late to sign up as a zombie for most of the locations, but there are still many runner slots available! Anyone have this in their calendar?

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My coworker did this run on Sunday, he said it was an absolute blast! I plan on doing it when it comes back around next year! You should definitely sign up!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I did a dirty girl, but now I so want to do this!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It looks amazing right?? Anyone going to the one in Baltimore?
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Wife and I planning on doing Baltimore in the fall.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    http://runforyourlives.com/

Wow! A 5k with zombies! Obstacles, blood, and mud galore!

I'm in no way a runner, and I expect to be zombified almost immediately, but I'm thinking of doing c25k just for this. Too late to sign up as a zombie for most of the locations, but there are still many runner slots available! Anyone have this in their calendar?

It does look so cool!

I had exactly the same reaction as you, and started C25K in January so I could start to get ready for the Baltimore event in October... but I've become so bitten by the running bug that I'm now not going to do run for your lives because it would interfere with my training for my first Half Marathon in November.

Maybe next year I'll find time for RFYL... I'll be faster by then anyway.
  • eranwolf
    eranwolf Posts: 5
    Options
    I ran the Run For Your Lives event in 2011 in Baltimore and it was AMAZING!! Had an incredible time and turned around a week later and signed up for the 2012 event right away!! It is very laid back and more of a party fun run then an all out event. Don't get me wrong, you ARE competing and you will sweat but it is a very friendly, laid back atmosphere compared to other mud events. One thing I can say for sure is COME EARLY. Parking last year was atrocious and by atrocious I mean people showing up for 9AM heats and not being able to run till 1PM. That is really my only complaint and that one is supposedly fixed this year!! Otherwise, start training and see you in October.

Someone asked me what the toughest obstacle was last year and hands down it was the river cross. You can prep all you want but jumping into a river in late October up to your ears (I am 6'6") feels like getting kicked in the chest. Also, if you can run a 5k you can easily handle this course. We had to walk a lot of it last year because the track got so muddy by late morning.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I ran the Boston race last Saturday with some friends and we had a blast! They ran out of camping passes to sell but in the end there was no one checking for camping specific wristbands at the camping lot so I lucked out and was able to camp for free. Also there were no food or drink security checks at the camping lot, at least for the Boston race.

Overall the obstacles could have been a bit more challenging, although the 200ft slip and slide down the front of the mountain was insanely awesome. Fun times, I definitely recommend going if you like running through the woods being chased by dead looking folks haha.