so what now?

Options
I'm done losing the pounds.. but I was only inspired to work out cause I was seeing the number go down.. Now what?? I want to keep it off, and get muscules..What do y'all do? Run? how long? weights?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    use weights for sure.

if you have a good gym nearby, i'd suggest giving it a shot.
  • mommy4joey
    mommy4joey Posts: 21
    Options
    Im at a happy weight! I run to maintain, I run to have goals, I run because I enjoy it! Run a 5k, see how long it takes you and than make it a goal to run faster! It keeps me running!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    start lifting! whoo!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Try strength training, running, cycling... etc. Are you interested in any sort of race/event in your area? Training for a race keeps me motivated. I strength train 3 times a week. I know lots of people that enjoy yoga or pilates to stay lean.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I say, if you are looking for something to challenge you, and you want something free, go to www.bodyrock.tv and take the thirty day challenge. Yeah it will give you something to push for.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Get those weights out, and up those calories!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'd say find some kind of activity you enjoy. I found some co-ed softball and love it. But I need to run to keep my game up so I find my motivation there. My friend rock climbs and does light cardio to warm up, and weights to help her improve her climbing.

Now's the time where you can find motivation in enjoyment!
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I reached my weight loss goal as well, so the weight loss is no longer a motivation for me either. If you want more muscles or definition, you need to lift weights. It brings a whole new set of goals to reach for, weight lifted, reps, number of sets, etc. Goals like pullups, pushups, etc as well! Now instead of losing fat, I'm actually looking to add lean mass. If you are looking to build muscle, make sure that you are getting enough protein in your diet.

I also run, and that again brings a whole new set of goals as well, as far as distance and speed.

Also, If you hit you weight loss goal, it means you are a much healthier you, and I imagine that you want to strive to maintain that!

Oh, and congrats on hitting your goal!
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Watch the number of weight used increase as your body gets stronger. I know I love seeing my leg press increase and it pushes me to keep going.
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm done losing the pounds.. but I was only inspired to work out cause I was seeing the number go down.. Now what?? I want to keep it off, and get muscules..What do y'all do? Run? how long? weights?

Take up some challenges like Tough Mudder and Spartan Race...run a 5k, train for a marathon the options are limitless...
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and eat at a slight surplus to gain muscles.

As far as what's next, you can set some fitness goals, like running a 5k, 10k, half marathon, etc , or doing some many push ups or whatever exercises that are hard for you. Something to keep you motivated in the healthy lifestyle.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Lift some weights! weee!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal!
    Check this out, and don't be scared of the weights:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Happy lifting!
  • kristindesigner
    kristindesigner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I say, if you are looking for something to challenge you, and you want something free, go to www.bodyrock.tv and take the thirty day challenge. Yeah it will give you something to push for.

Ditto on Bodyrock! Just looking at Lisa Marie's abs keep me motivated. :)

Also, ditto everyone else who recommends finding something you enjoy. I run now for pleasure and sanity, not for numbers.