Does anyone feel like theyre starving?

foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I am on 1300 cals...and yes, i do go over occasionally. But, thanks to one of the newest threads, of making your diaries public for people. I notice that some people go to, or just under, but are not really getting the nutrition that maybe they should.
Can't this hurt you in the long run? How do you exercise!!

I dunno, I make unhealthy choices, it is true, but a panini...which is hundreds of cals, still has nutritents in it!

Just venting i guess...

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,137 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I found that trying to stay as close as possible to "clean eating" keeps my nutrition up and keeps me from feeling hungry. I stay away from anything with empty calories and stay as close as possible to nutrition dense foods.

Just because someone makes their diary public doesn't mean that they make good eating choices.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • foxyforce
    Just because someone makes their diary public doesn't mean that they make good eating choices.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but i guess it was discouraging? I need some more good examples...and I say more cause they all weren't so bad. Can I view yours?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    if you stick to fruits, vegetables and protien then it will be easier to stay full. i stay away from carbs at night and eat the most in the mornings.
  • foxyforce
    if you stick to fruits, vegetables and protien then it will be easier to stay full. i stay away from carbs at night and eat the most in the mornings.

i'm workin on it, it is a HUGE transition. but I think I am doing ok, and i never used to exercise either, but look at me now!:bigsmile:
  • j4nash

i'm workin on it, it is a HUGE transition. but I think I am doing ok, and i never used to exercise either, but look at me now!:bigsmile:

it can be difficult at first. are you a picky eater? i usually eat something rewarding once or twice a week for dinner to break the routine, just need to have the discipline to jump back into it. breakfast for me is usually the best meal of the day, lunch is good and dinner is so-so just because I tend to make it really basic (aka meat and veggies).
  • foxyforce

it can be difficult at first. are you a picky eater? i usually eat something rewarding once or twice a week for dinner to break the routine, just need to have the discipline to jump back into it. breakfast for me is usually the best meal of the day, lunch is good and dinner is so-so just because I tend to make it really basic (aka meat and veggies).

no, i totally am not, that is why i ALWAYS go over my cals...most of the time! I love food. I was more so venting about the diaries I have been viewing...maybe they are picky eaters,
  • j4nash

no, i totally am not, that is why i ALWAYS go over my cals...most of the time! I love food. I was more so venting about the diaries I have been viewing...maybe they are picky eaters,

you can view my diary and check out what I eat.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/j4nash

i haven't updated it in two weeks because I was out of town for business but before that i was pretty good about keeping it up.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    i was VERY hungry at first. i wound up moving my cals closer to 1400.

another way to help you feel full--eat those fruits and veges--lots of them! i was eating tons of grapes these last couple weeks. i don't really care how many cals are in them---much better than the candy bars i would otherwise be snacking on.
    and drink your water. every time you're hungry--have at least a 1/2 glass of h2o.

try to eat protein with whole grain carbs at every meal too.

these are just suggestions. try one thing for a week or so. then experiment with another idea. remember--this is not a race. you are in it for the long haul so take your time to find what works for you.

and DON'T GIVE UP!! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    I am on 1300 cals...and yes, i do go over occasionally. But, thanks to one of the newest threads, of making your diaries public for people. I notice that some people go to, or just under, but are not really getting the nutrition that maybe they should.
    Can't this hurt you in the long run? How do you exercise!!

I dunno, I make unhealthy choices, it is true, but a panini...which is hundreds of cals, still has nutritents in it!

Just venting i guess...

I have not looked at the thread. I can say for me I can tell the difference in how I feel if I've been eating good foods for my calories or if I've been using up my calories with junk foods or alcohol.

I do think you pay the price for what you eat. I like what my DR says. Eat healthy most days and of course exercise! Like j4nash said. A treat meal once or twice a week is good if you can get right back to normal/healthy eating.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I was too lasy to cook breakfast this morning and ate a Slim Fast bar. I am STARVING right now. lol i like the bars because they have vitamens and nutrients in them that I need.
    Still want to eat something else though....:laugh:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I eat mostly protein, fat, veggies, fruit, nuts.............

Keeps me full for hours on end.........

I ordered chinese food today, beef and broccoli - no rice and extra broccoli..........I am stuffed.
This discussion has been closed.