Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

is that REALLY accurate??

I did spin class this morning for 60 minutes and then 12 minutes on the elliptical cross trainer. I logged the time into my cardio and it says I burned 812 calories. That doesn't seem accurate. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    MFP almost ALWAYS overestimates. That is probably a high for the avg person.
  • KSCarnivore
    KSCarnivore Posts: 37
    Tama, if I seriously push myself hard, I can do 400 calories in 40 minutes on my elliptical. LIkewise, if I walk at 3 miles an hour with an incline of 9-11%, I can do 400 calories in 40 minutes, but that's a tough incline to maintain. So, I would be skeptical of anything that tells me I'm doing over 600 calories in an hour.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    I burn (with a HRM) 460 calories in a 50 min spin class then 130 on the eliptical for 15 mins. I'm 5"4 and weigh 143.8lbs - so 590 total. Hope that helps
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    I would get an HRM. my polar showed me a lot better what i was burning. it was WAY different than MFP
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    I would get an HRM. my polar showed me a lot better what i was burning. it was WAY different than MFP

Where did you order yours from?? I want to get one.