Okay, I really need some help....

Options
So far I have lost 11 pounds (although I know the last week or so I've gained a few back), and I'm really proud of myself. But lately, I have found it really hard to stay motivated to eat right and exercise as often as I used to. If I have a cheat day, I will always say "oh tomorrow I'll start eating right again" and it NEVER happens. I have been eating really unhealthy and not exercising as much as I used to when I previously lost all my weight. I feel like I'm stuck with this weight loss journey, and I don't want to eat badly anymore or gain any more weight. Any motivational advice? What keeps you going? How do I get back on track??

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    hey! Good job on the current weight loss! All I know that REALLY helps me when Im feeling unmotivated is physically writing down on paper or on this website exactly what Im going to eat throughout the day. I find that if I write it down before I eat it, I have less chances of cheating. It's kind of like that "guilt factor" thing. It certainly makes you think twice about what you're eating to write it down ahead of time:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: Same goes for exercise!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Some things that keep me motivated
    1) My family, friends and husband who constantly cheer me on and encourage me to stick with it.
    2) My upcoming 1/2 marathon. I found as I lost weight that I needed a goal other than losing lbs to keep me motivated and to keep me pushing my limits. I've always HATED running so I chose that as my goal. Slowly and surely I am getting better at it and I am even starting to like it. I chose the 1/2 marathon because it is something I never ever though I would do.
    3) My health -- I not only look better but I feel fantastic. I breath easier. I sleep better. I no longer use my inhaler and I hardly ever get sick.
    4) My "skinny-ier" clothes. I have thrown out all of my fat clothes and so now I need to stay on track. I can't afford to replace my wardrobe with bigger clothes.
    5) I also create mini goals with mini rewards such as clothes, exercise equipment, and even food. Some people are against it but I like rewarding myself with a dinner out or an indulgent dessert every once in a while.

Also, I view this as a lifestyle and not a diet. It is a permanent change and thus it has to be a routine that I can maintain. Thus, I don't deprive myself and I don't feel guilty about it. I allow myself to indulge as long as I am honest with myself about what the consequences are.

I hope this helps. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I know I got alittle burnt out, wasn't losing as fast as at first...I took a week off from the exercise, I still ate pretty good, some treats, but weighed myself everyday to monitor myself..I found that I didn't feel as good, din't have the energy that I did when I got up everyday and exercised, so I got back into my exercise routine and I feel better, I have tried new things in my daily diet, I think I got burnt out on the same old food also.. So don't get discouraged and maybe make a few changes, you will feel better.. Good luck
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Sit down and really think about what got you started on your journey in the first place too. Remembering why this is important to you is the key to staying on track. Everyone gave awsome suggestions! The setting of a goal is really good because now you'll be working toward something besides a lower scale number. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Try some new recipes that are posted on here - sometimes we just get "stale"

Change your exercise - or do it if you aren't. Don't give up on what you've started!
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to get back on track but for me I don't have "cheat days" because I know if I go there I will go back to my old bad habits. so no junk food for me is permanent change, I look to trying to make changes in food choice and ingredients of some of my favorite foods that are healthier and offer better nutrition. for example I like mexican food so I changed my choice from a big meaty,cheesey rice filled burrito to chiken fajitas with whole wheat tortillas. don't know if that helps but it works for me.:drinker: