Do you weigh in during Tom?

LiMer
LiMer Posts: 112 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Or do you skip the week?

I am up almost 7 pounds and just started Tom today. Should I update my ticker?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Nah- you know it's water-weight. Take a week off and weigh yourself next week. No point in weighing something that A-could give you a negative day, B-Isn't reflective of your 'real' weight and C- Is going to go back down by seven pounds in a week anyway.

Just chalk it up to the 'joys of being a woman'. lol
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I do weigh in, but I do not record it...............

I only weigh in to keep myself accountable.
  • cwalters
    cwalters Posts: 4
    I am in the same boat. Tom came here this morning and it says that I am up 3 pounds but I did pretty well I thought, especially for it being a holiday this past weekend and all. I am also trying to fight against those cravings that Tom also brings along but we all know how hard that can be! :grumble:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I am in the same boat. Tom came here this morning and it says that I am up 3 pounds but I did pretty well I thought, especially for it being a holiday this past weekend and all. I am also trying to fight against those cravings that Tom also brings along but we all know how hard that can be! :grumble:

If you have chocolate cravings..............get some Lindt 85. 1 square is very satisfying, low in sugar (as it is a very dark chocolate) and for me low in carbs too. A very small amount goes a long way for satisfying a craving.....
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I will be weighing in Wednesday, and I'm a little nervous about that, but I will update my weight on MFP for whatever the scale says. :)

____

I don't have scales (that work) at home, so I weigh in at my doc's, and only get the chance every couple of weeks or so at best, so I pretty much have to log whatever it says. If I were just checking my weight at home, I wouldn't bother to update it.
  • I'm sure it's the monthly visitor, but what does Tom stand for? :huh: :laugh:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I would weigh in 2 days after your done.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I'm sure it's the monthly visitor, but what does Tom stand for? :huh: :laugh:

TOM = time of month
  • Thank you!:laugh:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    I just went off of T.o.m others here told me to when I made this same thread I weigh in on T.o.m friday and I was down a pound but last month I was up 2 so it depends do wat works for you, I have hella cravings for sweetz to I hate that this week Im trying to stay 50ft away from it
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I weigh every day (mostly) but I only record Monday's weight. I record it every Monday, TOM or no TOM.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Yes, I weigh in daily. I must just be one of those lucky women because it never really seems to affect my weight.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I'm sure it's the monthly visitor, but what does Tom stand for? :huh: :laugh:

TOM = time of month
    LOL, me and my hubby say Aunt Flow is visitng. TOM confused him. :laugh: I weigh in too, but don't record it either.
  • LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    thanks for the input everyone.
  • I weigh myself every couple of days and always record it, if for no other reason than to see the progress report chart fluctuate. I like an accurate account of the variations; water weight is irrelevant.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    I always record my weight once a week for my ticker to update. If I gain during TOM that's fine because I'll have a nice loss to show the next week.
  • I only record once per month, twice at the most. But NEVER when TOM is around!:grumble:
This discussion has been closed.