How did you find MFP???

Options
By friend, by app, by chance? What drew you to your favorite fitness addiction?

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I think I got an email from MyPoints about checking it out and getting 5 points in my account with them or something like that.... and it seemed nice and a better alternative to the online WW system.

My current fitness addiction is bootcamp and I started going to that class because the instructor is awesome and not all Jillian Michaels harda$$ and let's us work at our fitness level but encourages us to push harder and do more!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Recommended by my wife's massage therapist... and it's not an addiction... I can quit anytime I want! I just choose not to...
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just saw it as an app on my phone and thought why not.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Just saw it as an app on my phone and thought why not.

This.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    A couple of friends from H.S. told me about it on facebook....and the rest is history! ;)
  • booklover942
    Options
    My son found it , and he lost 40 pounds and I decided to try it. I got two friends and a relative to start and we are all doing great on it! You know I never asked how he found it. Now I'm curious.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A friend sent me an invite...I accepted it, made an account, and wouldnt ya know..that friend hasnt logged on since! Her loss..I love MFP! :-)
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    My friend told me about MFP and since she lots 60+lbs, I figured it might work for me too. It has!
  • johnb99
    johnb99 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think I was on a message board on the fitbit website
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended it to me........ I am SO glad he did!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was keeping a paper food diary. When I googled nutritional facts, MFP had most of them in the food bank. WAY easier than writing it all down and adding it up, myself :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I followed the trail of cookie crumbs....
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I was googling for hookers and blow, and here I am.....
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Its full of "lose" women and weight loss techniques that will make you poor if you go for every line.......... so hookers and blow is even correct here!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Recommended by my wife's massage therapist... and it's not an addiction... I can quit anytime I want! I just choose not to...

like...I can't!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    app.. mainly for the food logging I was looking for an app to track my food that I could carry with me instead of writing things down on paper at the end of the day.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I can't remember, somewhere on the interwebs I'm sure. I then introduced a few other family members to it, who I have since ditched :drinker: I don't need this being like FB.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Facebook family/friend recommended. Love it. Got my guy hooked on it too!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i was using dailymile and i think there was some sort of connection through apps or something.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I wanted a calorie counter on my phone and started using it then decided to check out the associated website and the rest is 56 pounds lighter,