Tuna (the canned kind)

Options
AmyBrenn
AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
I finally found a canned tuna I can eat. I LOVE salads and usually eat them for my lunch, but I needed some different kinds of protein to add to it for my lunches. I got sick of grilled chicken all the time. I just discovered Bumble Bee Seasoned Tuna Medley, Sundried Tomato and Basil. Holy cow, it's awesome on it's own, but in a salad, it rocks! It's 110 calories per serving (half the can), 4 g fat, 2g carbs, 16 g protein. I'm not a big fan of just regular tuna in a can unless it drowned in mayo, relish and onions, so this was a great discovery for me. I also bought the Lemon Pepper Medley and will report back later on how I liked it.

On a side note, Eating Right Roasted Sweet Pepper & Garlic vinaigrette is now my new favorite dressing. So low cal, non-fat, low carb, low sugar, but super delicious!

Happy Eating!

Replies

• pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    YUM...I too, am on a tuna kick. my body is demanding protein. My husband and kids think I'm nuts!!!

Cindy:heart:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: Ive absolutely love tuna especially salads and subs or even with crackers, I even bought me some tuna low in sodium cost a 1.09 a can but worth it. I even like sardines to .my body needs more protein to
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried those yet but I do get the Starkist Tuna Creations pouches... Herb & Garlic is my fav. :love:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of the brand name tuna pouches are coming out with flavors like lemon pepper, tomato and basil, sweet chili, etc. Makes eating tuna for me a lot more enjoyable.

I've tried the bumble bee tomato and basil and it rocks!!
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    Sounds so nice
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Where did you find these tuna medleys?
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    Where did you find these tuna medleys?

I found it at Walmart.
  • Rayoffitness
    Rayoffitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip...I'm going to get some tonight.

240497.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • jdcushing
    jdcushing Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband and I mix tuna, salsa (naturally low fat!), and a slice of low fat mozarella for a great high protein meal. It's like the low fat, spicey version of a tuna melt:) Try for low sodium salsa though. Great and inexpensive!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I just bought an 8 pack of Starkist Albicore tuna at Sams club over the weekend. Yummy- They are 5 oz. cans and the cost breaks down to $ 1.05 a can. Cindy :heart:
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    Okay, it wasn't the lemon pepper medley but the Spicy Thai Chili flavor that I got. Let me tell you...it IS spicy!!! I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to spice, so it may not be hot for some of you, but whew, my mouth is ablaze. The good news is...it's awesome! Great flavor and makes my ho-hum salad super delicious!