Coffee... Keep drinking or stop?

Options
JodaNord
JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
So, I drink one cup of coffee a day, once in awhile, two cups. I use international creamer, the fat free ones. I don't like it black, so either i keep drinkning it with the creamer or i stop cold turkey.

I want to know the pros and cons of coffee and peoples personal experience...

Thanks!

Replies

• Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I personally try to limit myself to one cup in the morning. If I feel I need a kick later in the day, I'll brew some tea. I used to hate tea until I discovered the billion and one flavours from David's Tea. So many tasty things!

There are apparently some health benefits to coffee in moderation - but the key always is *moderation*.

Personally, I'd kick the creamer though. I use milk and sucralose, but I'm trying to wean myself off of sucralose consumption as well. The fewer chemicals, the better. :)
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pro: As long as I drink it I don't kill people.
    Con: See above.

:laugh:
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    So, I drink one cup of coffee a day, once in awhile, two cups. I use international creamer, the fat free ones. I don't like it black, so either i keep drinkning it with the creamer or i stop cold turkey.

I want to know the pros and cons of coffee and peoples personal experience...

Thanks!

No need to stop coffee to lose weight. When I was losing, I did something silly — I stopped drinking Coke Zero. There's no medical or dietary reason to not drink it. Best I can figure is that it was a form of penance.

If you're a "regular user" of caffeine (up to 4 cups a day), the diuretic effect is negligible.

A couple of citations:

http://advance.uconn.edu/2002/020722/02072207.htm
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/questionsandanswers/a/caffeinealcohol.htm

I haven't reviewed the source documents for either.

I account for the creamer (7 cals per cup) and I use aspartame. Been doing that for almost 40 years - I grew up in a country where such "child abuse" was acceptable :-)
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting those links.

Obviously, Mayo has been bought off by "big coffee"! ;-)
  • JodaNord
    Options
    Well, asof today, I am going to experiment and see if I really need coffee, or just enjoy the taste of it with creamer in the am.

Since I never drank the stuff before a year ago, it shouldn't be too hard to go back to that!
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting those links.

Obviously, Mayo has been bought off by "big coffee"! ;-)

webmd was bought off too. can't trust anyone :)

http://www.webmd.com/diet/video/benefits-coffee
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    coffee is not a problem at all with weight loss...............what you put in the coffee is the problem.
  • JodaNord
    Options
    I am actually not actively trying to lose weight, but to decrease body fat overall and see the muscle definition that i know is there to show!
  • marlea73
    marlea73 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just recently started using flavored grounds instead of flavored creamer. It cuts the calories!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I am actually not actively trying to lose weight, but to decrease body fat overall and see the muscle definition that i know is there to show!

to decrease body fat, you have to lose weight. fat has weight . . . . .
  • JodaNord
    Options
    Again, i will repeat myself, i am not on here to lose weight, (aka see the scale number go down) I am on here to attain and maintain a realistic image of myself. I am seeing coffee and what i put in it as a possible hinderance. Fat has weight, but so does muscle, and as fat sheds, and muscle builds, there will be a decrease of fat, though not necessarily a decrease in my weight...
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Again, i will repeat myself, i am not on here to lose weight, (aka see the scale number go down) I am on here to attain and maintain a realistic image of myself. I am seeing coffee and what i put in it as a possible hinderance. Fat has weight, but so does muscle, and as fat sheds, and muscle builds, there will be a decrease of fat, though not necessarily a decrease in my weight...

i think folks get what you are saying. Coffee itself shouldn't be a hindrance of any kind. The things you add to your coffee to make it taste the way you like it would be the issue. It's totally up to you as to whether or not you want to continue to drink it.
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't need coffee. I have went weeks without it. I love it though. I put stevia and almond milk in it. I will never give it up. Do what's best for you though. If you think it is harming you in some way or you just want to get rid of it. Then get rid of it.