A QUESTION ABOUT WATER AND KNEE PAIN

mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone else experience knee pain if they don't drink enough water? Very recently I was having a lot of pain in the back of my knee. I thought it was a delayed reaction from an injury while doing the couch to 5K. It wasn't swollen and no bruising but that was the only thing I could think of. During the past week after I went back to work (I was on vacation for a week) it gradually started feeling better. Then this weekend, the pain returned. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what was causing it. Finally I decided maybe it was a certain food, then it finally occurred to me maybe it was because I wasn't drinking enough water. So I started drinking more water and now the pain is gone again. Is this normal if you don't drink enough water?

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I have the same issue.............but it is not only my knees........my hips, shoulders, ankles, elbow, wrists all have achy pain feeling..........

Water and exercise help to replenish fluid to the joints................that is what my naturopath tells me anyway. :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Here is a bit of an article on a website I was reading..............
    Causes of nerve pain, joint pain & other pains
    Again, we are discussing pain not due to physical damage & yet demands mega research & billions of dollars spent on pain treatment & management.

Much of this dehydration pain is not well understood by traditional medicine because the effects & symptoms of dehydration are not fully addressed by it.

An example of pain due to dehydration is nerve pain which is caused by an acidic body & overly acidic cells.

This acidity is very irritating to nerve endings. We typically feel pain, sometimes intense pain, when nerve cells are too acidic.

Dehydration also causes joint pain we see in many arthritic conditions including rheumatoid & fibromyalgia. Not to mention that dehydration sets the stage for the development of those conditions & others.
  • mommared53
    Thanks LeanLioness.
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    I didnt realise that water was so important! Ill be drinking more of the stuff from now on!
  • mommared53
    I normally drink enough water during the work week, but while I was on vacation and on weekends I don't. I will from now on though.
This discussion has been closed.