protein

Options
I'm new here, sorry if this a repeat post, but I need some guidance. I have been starved this week, absolutely starving. I was staying within my daily calories, eating my exercise calories back for the most part with a few exceptions where I was under goal or over my goal. I've been on MFP for about a month, lost 8 lbs, and been feeling great.

I also began juicing a few weeks ago. Nothing extreme, just some celery juice(2-4 cups) for breakfast, then regular eating the remainder of the day with the occasional juice for a snack.

Anyway, this week I am literally starving! I've been trying to eat healthy filling things and remain within my calorie limits but I have failed the last 2 days. So, I'm wondering could protein be the culprit? MFP has my calories set at 1200 and my protein set at 45 g each day before workouts. I usually burn anywhere from 250 cals doing circuit training or Zumba or I burn 600 doing kickboxing...sometimes I will even get in a circuit training and kickboxing or Zumba and burn around 900 cals. Then my protein needs go up to around 55 g for the day. In my searchings, I'm seeing that for my weight(180 lbs) I need 66 g of protein per day ideally. Sorry for all the info but I'm trying to put it all out there in case some of it might make a difference in any of the responses.

So I guess my question is, should I up my protein to the 66 g/day or go by MFP? Have any of you noticed the amount of protein you eat making a difference in your weight loss? And f inally, could this account for why I'm starving or is it just hormones or my body trying to hang on and still adjusting to the lower calories?

Any and all feedback is welcome and please be nice, I really am trying and this is not coming easy for me. Thanks.

Replies

• Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories. And MFP's protein goals are low, so going over is not going to hurt you. More protein, the better!