Thai Basil Beef with Rice Noodles (Cooking Light)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Thai Basil Beef with Rice Noodles

Use kitchen shears or a knife and fork to chop the noodles into smaller pieces, which will make them easier to toss with the curry-lime juice dressing.

8 cups water
1 pound flank steak, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch-long) slices fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
4 ounces wide rice stick noodles (bánh pho)
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil

Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.

While pan heats, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.

Add steak to grill pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle steak with salt. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.

While steak cooks, add asparagus to boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon. Add noodles to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain; rinse well. Cut noodles into smaller pieces; place in a medium bowl.

While noodles cook, combine sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, and curry paste in a large bowl. Add one-half of lime mixture to medium bowl with noodles; toss to coat. Add steak, asparagus, tomatoes, and basil to remaining lime mixture in large bowl; toss to combine. Serve steak mixture over noodles.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup noodles and 1 cup steak mixture)

CALORIES 328 (24% from fat); FAT 8.6g (sat 3.6g,mono 3.4g,poly 0.4g); IRON 3.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 54mg; CALCIUM 50mg; CARBOHYDRATE 34.9g; SODIUM 615mg; PROTEIN 26.1g; FIBER 3.6g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2005

thai-beef-ck-1011335-l.jpg

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I love thai food and that looks great!
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    Thai Basil Beef with Rice Noodles

Use kitchen shears or a knife and fork to chop the noodles into smaller pieces, which will make them easier to toss with the curry-lime juice dressing.

8 cups water
    1 pound flank steak, trimmed
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch-long) slices fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
    4 ounces wide rice stick noodles (bánh pho)
    1 tablespoon sugar
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 tablespoon fish sauce
    1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
    1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
    1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil

Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.

While pan heats, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.

Add steak to grill pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle steak with salt. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.

While steak cooks, add asparagus to boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon. Add noodles to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain; rinse well. Cut noodles into smaller pieces; place in a medium bowl.

While noodles cook, combine sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, and curry paste in a large bowl. Add one-half of lime mixture to medium bowl with noodles; toss to coat. Add steak, asparagus, tomatoes, and basil to remaining lime mixture in large bowl; toss to combine. Serve steak mixture over noodles.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup noodles and 1 cup steak mixture)

CALORIES 328 (24% from fat); FAT 8.6g (sat 3.6g,mono 3.4g,poly 0.4g); IRON 3.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 54mg; CALCIUM 50mg; CARBOHYDRATE 34.9g; SODIUM 615mg; PROTEIN 26.1g; FIBER 3.6g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2005

thai-beef-ck-1011335-l.jpg

Let me know when its ready,
    I'll be right over!
  • sbartlett0421
    Options
    I have to make this!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    This looks delicious. The ingredients are going on my grocery list. Can't wait to try it!