Snack Attack!

Options
I'm a snacker. I love salty and I love sweet! My husband likes snacks too but has much better will power than I do and doesn't gain weight like I do. I need tips for healthy snacks I can keep around! I tried the fruits and veggies but they go bad before I can eat them by myself. Any good ideas!?!

Another snack attack question? Does anyone recommend eating snacks between meals? I work full time but could eat a healthy snack. I'm just not sure if it does any good? And then what to eat?

Replies

• Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what your body is telling you that you need - we all have different schedules and routines that affect us.

I get up and have breakfast, but depending on the time that breakfast is, I may or may not have a mid-morning snack (apple with peanut butter, yogurt, protein bar) and then I have lunch. I DEFINITELY have a mid-afternoon snack or else I'd probably chew either mine or my hunny's arm off before dinner... lol crackers and cheese, banana, tuna snack, strawberries. Then, I have dinner and almost always have a snack before bed.

I eat every 3ish hours or so to keep my body happy and humming nicely.

Recently, I made kale chips and they sure curb the hunger and salt craving without all the excess fat and carbs! They were quite delicious actually and only take a few minutes to prepare (just google it for an easy recipe).

I need fiber and protein most often to keep me full - grapes alone won't hold me over so my snacks are heavier because I need to feel sustained.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of trail mix with different nuts, dried fruit, coconut, whatever I've got. Pretty high calorie though so you may want to watch out for that. Baby carrots are great snackers and keep awhile, especially if you keep them in water in the fridge. Hard boiled eggs are easy to do a whole 6-12 early in the week and pull em out when you want.

Protein and fat will keep you feeling full longer.
  • nathanellsworth
    nathanellsworth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to eat pretzels. The mini ones that Snyders of Hanover has. They are fat free. Although they aren't "whole grain" or whatever, they fill me up. Plus there's 20 of the little things in a serving so they can take a while to eat.