p90x and calories burned

Options
how many calories do you p90xers usually burn on average in the several p90x programs??

Replies

• JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    how many calories do you p90xers usually burn on average in the several p90x programs??

I'm not sure how many calories are burned for each of the DVDs. I started the P90X on January 1, 2009 and did it for 90 days. I wasn't too faithful about watching what I was eating during that time, and I still managed to lose 12 pounds. I could tell I was working each time, and I really enjoyed the different workouts. The yoga is a killer but after the first two or three times, I could really tell a difference in how limber I was. At the end of the 90 days, I decided to go to something different just to change things up. I'll probably go back to the P90X during colder weather as I can do it in the comfort of my living room during cold, wintry weather.

You might want to check the P90X website to see if there is an answer to your question posted there.

exercise.png
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    What's important to remember with P90X is that you are building lean muscle mass, which torches more calories 24/7. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn even at rest.

Don't be concerned with the per-workout calorie burn. Just eat according to your level determined by the Nutrition Plan, push play every day, work hard, and you will see results.
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM I typically burn between 600-1000 per workout but I am 6'1 220 lbs my wife typically burns 250-450
  • scjohnny21
    Options
    My Polar F7 logs my calorie burn at anywhere between 600 to 800 (plyometrics!).

My wife's calorie burn is a bit lower at 400 to 600 per session..