Trouble with the end of c25k

Options
I'm in the last week of c25k and I find myself struggling to get through these runs. This hasn't happened to this point. I mean I'm stopping in places I've never had to stop. My legs and calves are so sore. Yes I was fit for my running shoes. It's just these longer runs. IDK if I'm not stretching enough or what is going on but it's bumming me out.

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am in the last week as well, but I haven't had a problem yet. Maybe give yourself an extra day in between runs and see if that helps.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Relax and slow down your pace a bit , if necessary, repeat the previous week.

Not every one progresses at the same rate and as your runs get longer the pace needs to be adjusted accordingly ( if I'm doing a 10km training run I'll usually go around 5:45 /km on my long run last Sunday - 20km - I was doing about 6:15/km)
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The last few weeks were really hard for me. I had to repeat week 6 for 3-4 weeks before I was able to do it. Once I got week 6 down, week 7 was "fairly" easy. Just repeat weeks as you need to, and make sure you are stretching.