Skinny B!tch diet

nguill6
nguill6 Posts: 133
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone tried this? I just bought the book, hearing that it is hilarious and a great way to loose weight. Basically it wants you to be a healthy vegan (ie vegan who doesn't smoke, drink or eat refined sugar). I've been doing it for the past few days and I have to admit my stomach already looks flatter, but my mom thinks it's crazy and that I'll become even more anemic. Apparently it's called skinny b!tch because when you don't eat anything other than fruits, veggies, legumes and whole grains you tend to get kind of b!tchy. I know I'm feeling a little starved...

Replies

• vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    I read this book and thought about trying it, but to me its a little extreme....they don't even want you to take prescription meds! I have modified my diet in some ways to fit the book like trying to eat organic and nothing with ingredients in it that I can't pronounce. I most def stay away from anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. I don't always stick to it, but I can say that when I do I feel better. I know that certain chapters, like the one about how they get milk from cows seriously made me sick to my stomach. Congrats if u can stick to the entire diet! :smile:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Hahahaaa, I wouldn't make it 3 days on that diet. But it does sound funny! Good luck and let us know!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Has anyone tried this? I just bought the book, hearing that it is hilarious and a great way to loose weight. Basically it wants you to be a healthy vegan (ie vegan who doesn't smoke, drink or eat refined sugar). I've been doing it for the past few days and I have to admit my stomach already looks flatter, but my mom thinks it's crazy and that I'll become even more anemic. Apparently it's called skinny b!tch because when you don't eat anything other than fruits, veggies, legumes and whole grains you tend to get kind of b!tchy. I know I'm feeling a little starved...

:laugh: :laugh: Never heard of it. I am all for loosing weight the healthy way..... it may take longer, but my body will thank me in the long run. If something sounds a little absurd...I stay away from it :smile:
    Good luck, though :drinker:
  • I think that book is ridiculous! Please don't do fads or waste your time or your health on books like this. There is a science to losing weight and it is calories in= calories out. Eat smaller portions of whole healthy foods and exercise. It really is that simple. If you want to be a vegan that is fine, but you have to do some research to make sure you are getting enough protein which is essential in the weight loss process especially when you are building muscle.

That is just simply my opinion. You can take it or leave it. Either way, it is how I lost 100 lbs so far and I believe it! :tongue:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I read this book and thought about trying it, but to me its a little extreme....they don't even want you to take prescription meds! Congrats if u can stick to the entire diet! :smile:
    OMG!! :noway: That isn't right! They could mess with someone's health if they listened!
    I'd rather do the low cal thing, and eat what I want in tiny amounts. :bigsmile:
  • I agree!
  • I agree with futurefit girl!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    It's too exteme for me too but has some great stuff in it but the program as a whole isn't for me.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Ha! I was just talking about this on another post yesterday. I thought the book had a lot of good info but at the same time I felt overwhelmed and like they were trying to scare me into begin a vegan. :noway: I'm trying to live by the motto "Eat to live not live to eat" and I feel like I would have to constantly thinking food to follow it. Food has to be part of my life. I don't want it to BE my life. JMO.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    It's not for everybody...just like Atkins, SBD, or even calorie counting. I was a vegan for several years and was also straight edge. I currently am a vegetarian and I do drink wine...but no meds if I can help it.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    I read the book and honestly...I think those two are rude! ! ! That's all I gotta say...I don't think it's worth it just as I don't think they are the ones doing the diet either...Listen to your body and focus on balance...extreme is not good:wink:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Hmmmm....I read the book...I agree with strawberry25shortcake about the authors being rude. And I think it is incredibly extreme. Moderation is the key...
  • FINALLY4ME
    FINALLY4ME Posts: 643
    yup they were aiming for funny but to me it was preachy and I felt it was way to extreme for me.....which in turn I felt guilty for:grumble: but again that's just me and my "issues" :laugh:

I'll stick w/ MFP:drinker: :wink:
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Wow- huge response. But not one reply of someone trying it and taking it on as a lifestyle. There's my answer I guess. I have to say though that I love the tough love. One of my favorite quotes so far, "Perhaps you have a lumpy *kitten* because you are preserving your fat cells with diet soda." This may be mean but it's true, and I like having someone say something forthright and not tiptoeing around my 'lumpy *kitten*'.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I couldn't do it.............

I love meat and eggs too much to go with my veggies.............

I eat raw during breakfast and lunch, then eat meat and veggies for supper with fruit and cheese for bedtime snack............
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Wow- huge response. But not one reply of someone trying it and taking it on as a lifestyle. There's my answer I guess. I have to say though that I love the tough love. One of my favorite quotes so far, "Perhaps you have a lumpy *kitten* because you are preserving your fat cells with diet soda." This may be mean but it's true, and I like having someone say something forthright and not tiptoeing around my 'lumpy *kitten*'.

I was...a vegan and straight edge...meaning no animal at all...and no meds, alcohol, smoking, ect. It does work. I'm no longer a vegan because I drink milk, occasionaly eat fish, and I drink wine. As I stated in my last post...and it's not for everyone. It is very much a change for most people. You can talk to your doctor about becoming a vegetarian and then possibly easing into being a vegan. I was a vegan for years and never felt deprived of anything. My doctor knew I was a vegan and we had some discussions as to why I was. I can't stand what they do to animals, plain and simple. I've been a vegetarian my entire life and have never had an issue with it. We have a veg thread going on if you'd like to check it out. Also, message me if you want. :flowerforyou:
  • FINALLY4ME

hahahaha:laugh: yes I remember that one....and a few others......did make me laugh....then feel guilty...then laugh.....(again MY issues....:ohwell: lol)

best of luck w/ it if you do try it out....if its working and you like it.....I say go for it girl!:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member

hahahaha:laugh: yes I remember that one....and a few others......did make me laugh....then feel guilty...then laugh.....(again MY issues....:ohwell: lol)

best of luck w/ it if you do try it out....if its working and you like it.....I say go for it girl!:drinker:

Your so right - I loved the tough love approach about it and it really made me think about things. I haven't had a soda since April 30th.....
  • vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    I agree that it's too extreme. However, they do raise some good points about what goes on in the American food supply....explore that, more than follow their weird rules. The clean eating that people seem to like here is more appropriate nutritionally.
  • FINALLY4ME

Your so right - I loved the tough love approach about it and it really made me think about things. I haven't had a soda since April 30th.....

you and me both sista!:drinker: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.