How do YOU stay motivated????

Options
Since May i have lost a total of 8 pounds. Which is not a lot by anyones standards! Granted i havent put anything on since May, but i am slowly losing motivation. I was hopeing to lose around a pound a week, but that dont seem to be happening. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    8 pounds is great! pretty soon you'll see results not only from the scale like clothes fitting smaller!
    It takes time be patient. I set goals for myself which has helped me stayed focus too. Mini goals that I can reach. It's working so far. Keep your eye on the prize!!
  • pinguita20
    Options
    Staying motivated is one of the most difficult things to do, especially when it feels as if the scale moves slower than turtle. I want to be as healthy as possible. Both my parents have diabetes, it runs in their families. I have seen my mother struggle with it for quite some time. I would hate to have to take as many pills as she does, but most of all, I want to be around for my future children. This is an awesome site, don't forget that you are not alone. :flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have an index card on my fridge that has my daily goals... that helps me make wise choices.

I have one of my favorite "skinny" dresses and pairs of pants hanging in plain signt in my closet.

I have a scale in my bathroom that I use almost every day.

I'm still coming up with my short-term and long term goals and increments to reward myself at (i.e. new cd at 10 lbs... etc) that I will probably post on my mirror.

Those things are all helping me stay motivated right now!

:smile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Any chance of getting a workout buddy?
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I have my "fat picture" in my purse. It's a shot of me at someones wedding and when I saw it I was grossed out. Since I used to be skinny I keep a "skinny picture" next to it so when I'm in line at McDonalds I can pull out the pictures and motivate my butt out of line. It's really helpful. Especially when I think "well if I splurge today who cares."
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Please give this life a chance, please. Eight pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It has taken me a year to lose 27 pounds, and in my opinion, each pound I lost was lost when IT was supposed to be lost, and not a minute sooner. My journey has been a happy one, and very rewarding.

Try to find something that WILL motivate you. Whether its a daily phone call from a friend asking if you've logged all your food, or exercised, or that one song that gets you from your work desk to the gym, play it loud and and proud! Get a picture of the bod you want, whatever it takes.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Sometimes it seems that temptation outweighs motivation. Sometimes it is hard to say no to the sweets, and junk food.

For me it is my health and the future me that motivates me to keep doing the right thing. Knowing that one day I will be able to ride a bicycle again, go to the amusement parks and fit in the rollercoaster seats, go for a jog with my husband, buy clothing anywhere I want not the 3 available stores. To take a trip by airplane with my husband to anywhere in the world, even see some of the places he saw while in the military.

When the temptation hits me I sit down for a minute and think... about all these things. All of the reasons I want to be healthier, happier.