One Peanut M&M?

Options

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    If she wants to log it let her log it.. yesterday I logged two flippin grapes. Was it silly? Yeah.. still did it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Man. I wish I'd picked up peanut M&M's at the store earlier. You've got my crave going. T_T
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Okay....Jump in the bathtub full of water, measure the depth of the water, then eat the M&M, measure the depth of the water and solve for X.

If I jump in the bathtub I may fall...I don't want to fall
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    yep, wtg on self control. Unless you're obsessed. Oh, now I want an (a bag) m&m. lol:laugh:

Someone had a bag and I asked for 2 but the cheap *kitten* only gave me one!
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    u did good trust me no fat!!!

lol
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    LOG IT! .01 of a bag!

You think a whole bag has 100 m&ms? Because .01 is one onehundredth. A quarter cup of them weighs about 40 grams, and since peanut m&ms weight about 2 grams each (per Wolfram Alpha) there are about twenty in a quarter cup. So 100 of them is 1.25 CUPS! that's a lotta m&ms for a bag. The best estimate for calories in a peanut m&m is 10/each. .01 of a bag is way too little--about a quarter as much--as the 10 or so calories she actually ate.

That said, I wouldn't sweat over an m&m unless it was a regular thing.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think it is 12 calories
  • mommy4joey
    mommy4joey Posts: 21
    Options
    Agree with the others who are for not logging it! Its only one! LOL
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Take the kcals/100g, weigh the M&M and then divide the calories by your answer....or just leave it! :)

This!!

She already ate the m&m. Average peanut m&m weighs 2 grams, and has 10 calories.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thank you.....

I mean, really, thank you....I thought I was the only one that obsessed about "How am I gonna log this"

This is why I quick add extra all day cause I am afraid of underlogging. LOL

OCD's unite!! LOL
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Okay....Jump in the bathtub full of water, measure the depth of the water, then eat the M&M, measure the depth of the water and solve for X.

Cool, now I know. lmao:laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Weigh it and enter it in grams.

I could never eat 1 M&M but I think it's OK to log a single anything. If it goes in to your mouth, log it. Most likely you will relax about it over time, but if you're strict about logging, you're accountable. That way when you hit a plateau and you want to figure out whats been going wrong, you can look back at your diary and figure it out, it could be part of a trend.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you.....

I mean, really, thank you....I thought I was the only one that obsessed about "How am I gonna log this"

This is why I quick add extra all day cause I am afraid of underlogging. LOL

OCD's unite!! LOL

My OCD came in the form of having to log TWO peanut M&M's once because my mouth felt unbalanced only eating one. I had to chew another equally on the other side.

I have issues.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

If I jump in the bathtub I may fall...I don't want to fall

Don't worry, the water will break your fall. I usually do cannonballs.
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you think about how much estimating we do for calories, its well under any rounding error. I swam 31.5 minutes today and it estimates I burned 387 calories, but it could easily have been 350 to 400. When I eat peanuts it says a serving is 35, but they are different sizes, so that's an estimate as well. I'm listed as sedentary, but am I as sedentary as everyone else listed as sedentary? We just go with the best information we have available and move on.

I'd say you're justified either way. Entering it using the best information you have available or skipping it as immaterial. I eat 4 m&m's or a tic-tac when I want something sweet and I don't bother logging it, but if I did that 2 or 3 times a day I'd add them up for one snack.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I would log one peanut M&M as a whole bag, there is NO WAY I would be eating just one!!!!
  • jlbyrum
    jlbyrum Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't even tempt yourself, I consider sugar toxic to my body and would not eat even one m&m. Walnuts instead of peanuts...no sugar Walnut m&m's...hmmm
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Don't even tempt yourself, I consider sugar toxic to my body and would not eat even one m&m. Walnuts instead of peanuts...no sugar Walnut m&m's...hmmm

This confuses me.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

This confuses me.

...and chocolate is pretty much kryptonite, So no sugar, no chocolate walnut M&Ms.

aka walnuts.